- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Graham Jones, Steve Field, Chris Hewlett, David Styles
- Available from: November 2018
Fully revised and updated content matching the Cambridge International AS & A Level Physics syllabus (9702).
Send a Query×
This workbook contains guided investigations and practice questions for Cambridge International AS & A Level Physics teachers and students. It provides opportunities to develop skills through practical investigation – planning, identifying equipment, creating hypotheses, recording results, analysing data, and evaluating. The workbook is ideal for teachers who find running practical experiments difficult due to lack of time, resources or support. Sample data- if students can’t do the experiments themselves- and answers to the questions are in the teacher’s guide.
Guided investigations provide opportunities for students to practise their practical skills.
The workbook contains help for teachers setting up practical investigations in the classroom. For more detailed support with planning and troubleshooting issues see the teacher’s guide.
Practice questions give students the chance to test their knowledge and help build confidence in preparation for assessment.
- Safety information
- Quick Skills
- 1. Using apparatus
- 2. Limitations and improvements
- 3. Kinematics and dynamics 4. Forces, work and energy
- 5. Matter and materials
- 6. Electric current, potential difference and resistance
- 7. Resistance and resistivity
- 8. Waves
- 9. Planning and data analysis
- 10. Circular motion and gravitational fields
- 11. Oscillations and communications
- 12. Thermal Physics and ideal gases
- 13. Coulomb's Law, capacitance and electronics
- 14. Magnetic fields, electromagnetism and charged particles
- 15. Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- 16. Quantum, Nuclear Physics and medical imaging.
Latest newsAll news
13 November 2019
Three approaches to differentiation in primary science
Try these out in your class wherever you are in the curriculum.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×