- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Steve Dobbs, Jane Miller, Julian Gilbey
- Available from: July 2016
Cambridge AS and A Level Mathematics is a revised series to ensure full syllabus coverage.
Send a Query×
This coursebook has been revised and updated to ensure that it meets the requirements for the Statistics 2 (S2) unit of Cambridge AS and A Level Mathematics (9709). This revised edition has been redesigned and includes updated review questions to reflect changes in the style of questions asked in the course.
Reviewed and revised content to ensure most up-to-date syllabus coverage.
Full endorsement from Cambridge International Examinations.
Fully updated review questions to better reflect the type of questioning in the AS and A Level Mathematics qualification.
Redesigned materials to keep content engaging.
Learning objectives at the start of each chapter.
Clear, narrative explanation of mathematical concepts, terminology and notation, with results and procedures appearing in boxes for easy reference.
Stimulating worked examples that take a step-by-step approach to problem solving.
Revision exercises and practice exam papers are featured throughout.
- 1. The Poisson distribution
- 2. Linear combinations of random variables
- 3. Continuous random variables
- 4. Sampling
- 5. Estimation
- 6. Hypothesis testing: continuous variables
- 7. Hypothesis testing: discrete variables
- 8. Errors in hypothesis testing
- Revision exercise
- Practice exam-style papers
- Normal distribution function table
Latest newsAll news
13 November 2019
Three approaches to differentiation in primary science
Try these out in your class wherever you are in the curriculum.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×