- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Brenda Walpole, Ashby Merson-Davies, Leighton Dann, Peter Hoeben, Mark Headlee
- Available from: September 2015
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
Biology for the IB Diploma, Second edition covers in full the requirements of the IB syllabus for Biology for first examination in 2016.
Send a Query×
Written by highly experienced teachers and authors, the Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition provides an enriched learning experience to help develop the key skills needed for the course, including: auto-marked formative assessment quizzes at the end of each chapter that allow learners to track progress; and detailed, tailored feedback is provided for incorrect answers highlighting common misconceptions, ensuring constant learning opportunities. Carefully selected animated videos are included to aid learner's understanding of tough scientific concepts, bringing the syllabus content to life. In addition to the animations, thorough worked examples help learners tackle complex content in a step by step way. Each of our Cambridge Elevate enhanced editions are device agnostic (meaning they work on Apple/Android OS (on the Elevate app) Laptop/Tablet/Desktop PC or Mac) with a reflowable format that is responsive to customers’ devices*. This format also makes the content accessible for learners with print impairment.*mobile use is unsupported. Cambridge Elevate enhanced editions are only available for Institution purchase. The price listed indicates price per license. Should you wish to apply for a Cambridge Elevate evalution please visit this page and submit the form.Find out more about Cambridge Elevate enhanced editions.
Carefully selected animated videos to aid understanding of tough scientific concepts and bring the content to life.
Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter allow students to prepare thoroughly for their examinations.
Use of accessible language written with international learners in mind.
Customisable text sizes and fonts.
Accompanying documents containing detailed answers to all questions in the book and with advice on revision and approaching examinations.
- 1. Cell biology
- 2. Molecular biology
- 3. Genetics
- 4. Ecology
- 5. Evolution and biodiversity
- 6. Human physiology
- 7. Nucleic acids HL
- 8. Metabolism, cell respiration and photosynthesis HL
- 9. Plant biology HL
- 10. Genetics and evolution HL
- 11. Animal physiology HL
- Option A. Neurobiology and behaviour
- Option B. Biotechnology and bioinformatics
- Option C. Ecology and conservation
- Option D. Human health and physiology
- Answers to test yourself questions
- Self-test questions
- Assessment guidance
- Model exam papers and mark schemes
- Nature of Science
- Answers to exam-style questions
- Answers to Options questions.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×