- Subject(s):Computer Science
- Author(s):Mark Thomas, Alistair Surrall, Adam Hamflett
- Available from: October 2017
A new series of print and digital resources developed for the 2015 OCR and Eduqas A/AS Level Computer Science qualifications.
Send a Query×
Written for the WJEC/Eduqas A/AS Level Computer Science specifications for first teaching from 2015, this print student book helps students build their knowledge and master underlying computing principles and concepts. The student book develops computational thinking, programming and problem-solving skills. Suitable for all abilities, it puts computing into context and gives students a real-life view on professional applications of computing skills. Answers to end-of-chapter questions are located in the free online teacher's resource. A Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition is also available.
Development of key computational thinking and problem-solving skills embedded throughout.
Covers all the Component 1 and Component 2 content for AS and A Level, with A Level-only content clearly flagged.
Free online teacher’s resource available.
- Component 1
- 1. Data structures
- 2. Logical operations
- 3. Algorithms and programs
- 4. Principles of programming
- 5. Systems analysis
- 6. System design
- 7. Software engineering
- 8. Program construction
- 9. Economic, moral, legal, ethical and cultural issues relating to computer science
- Component 2
- 1. Hardware and communication
- 2. Data transmission
- 3. Data representation and data types
- 4. Organisation and structure of data
- 5. Databases and distributed systems
- 6. The operating system
- 7. The need for different types of software systems and their attributes
- 8. Data security and integrity processes.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×