- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Ann Abrioux, Pascale Chrétien, Nathalie Fayaud, Jenny Ollerenshaw
- Available from: November 2015
Tailored to the 2013 IB Language B syllabus, our full-colour coursebook, Le monde en français, contains everything you need to succeed in your two-year French B course.
Send a Query×
This coursebook prepares students thoroughly for the requirements of the 2013 French B syllabus (first examination 2015), at both Standard and Higher Level. It is totally international, offering authentic materials from a variety of French-speaking countries. The texts and topics have been chosen because of their intrinsic interest to young people, and to enable students to develop a genuine intercultural understanding. The exercises are carefully designed to develop students' linguistic abilities, while encouraging them to develop critical thinking skills and allowing them the opportunity to interact personally with the material.
Offers a lively and stimulating choice of authentic texts and engaging activities, with an attractive, student-friendly presentation. Culturally relevant visual prompts facilitate oral discussion in the classroom and help prepare for the Individual and Interactive Oral tasks of the examination.
Text types are explored in depth in a specific chapter: model texts, detailed analysis and practical checklists are provided for different text types and registers.
Suitable for both Higher and Standard Level, with links to ToK and CAS throughout the book and literature fully integrated into every chapter. All Core and Optional themes are fully covered.
The coursebook offers guidance and ample practice for the writing and speaking tasks of the examination, with a full chapter dedicated to the Written Assignment, now updated to match the 2013 syllabus requirements (first examination 2015).
- Part 1. TRONC COMMUN - Relations sociales
- 1. Moi et mes proches
- 2. Moi et les autres
- Part 2. TRONC COMMUN - Communications et medias
- 3. Derrière le petit écran
- 4. Le monde vu par les medias
- Part 3. TRONC COMMUN - Questions mondiales
- 5. Planète bleue, planète verte
- 6. Égalite, fraternite
- Part 4. OPTION - Coutumes et traditions
- 7. Voyage en francophonie
- 8. Pour un monde meilleur?
- Part 5. OPTION - Loisirs
- 9. Place a la culture!
- 10. Vive les Vacances!
- Part 6. OPTION - Sante
- 11. Sante et bien-etre
- 12. Sante et societe
- Part 7. OPTION - Diversite culturelle
- 13. Quelles langues parlez-vous?
- 14. Émigration: à la recherche d'une vie meilleure
- Part 8. OPTION - Sciences et technologie
- 15. Science et societe
- 16. La science en debat
- 17. Le travail écrit (niveau moyen)
- 18. Les types de textes
Latest newsAll news
06 December 2019
The Latin of 'the man on the street': exploring unfiltered Latin through Roman graffiti
How can your students can get an insight into pure, unfiltered Latin through ancient Roman...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×