- Subject(s):Social Studies
- Author(s):Purnima Dutta, Shatam Ray
- Available from: July 2013
Passage of Time covers high school history and civics in a friendly interactive manner.
Send a Query×
Passage of Time covers high school history and civics in a friendly interactive manner. Students are made conscious of deeper processes that govern the writing of history and the complex politics of representation involved in it. All the three books of the series interweave the dual strands of Indian and World History. The Civics section delves deep into the immediate issues of family, citizenship, governance, rights and duties, and the global issues of war, peace, security, international co-operation. It creates awareness of the goings-on of the world around while sensitising the learners to the problems or challenges inherent in them.
Carefully graded chapters following the syllabus guidelines.
Wide range of questions to give enough opportunity to test understanding.
Quiz Yourself with a wide range of MCQs for revision and self-evaluation.
Interactive timeline to ensure holistic and active learning.
In-text glossary to facilitate comprehension.
A warm-up activity at the beginning of every chapter with authentic texts and narratives.
Spadework with discursive, argumentative and reflective tasks to hone thinking and reasoning skills.
Tit-bits to provide interesting nuggets of additional information and to provide interdisciplinary links.
Know Your Historians, a feature to sensitise learners to sources and the process of writing history.
Child and You, a feature to help the learners connect the social issues to their own lifeworld.
- History: Once Upon a Time: Introduction
- 1. Finding Clues and Learning History: Literary, Archaeological Other Sources
- 2. The Kin of Manu and Adam: Life of Early Humans
- 3.The Story of a Farmer: Evolution from Hunting-Gathering to Agriculture
- 4.At a River's Fend: The Mesopotamian Civilisation
- 5. And Quiet Flows the Nile: The Egyptian Civilisation
- 6. Tales from the Middle Kingdom: The Chinese Civilisation
- 7.The Lost World under Our Feet: The Indus Valley Civilisation
- 8. The Greek Odyssey: The Greek Civilisation
- 9.The Caesar of Rome: The Roman Civilisation
- 10. The Sacred Times: The Vedic Period in North India
- 11. Winds of Change: Emergence of Buddhism and Jainism
- 12. An Empire that Lasted: Rise of Magadha under the Maurya Dynasty
- 13. The Story of a Golden Empire: Rise of the Gupta Dynasty
- 14. Dawn of the Deccan: Rise of the Pallavas, Pandyas and Rashtrakutas
- Times so Far: Chronology Civics: India Today: Introduction
- 1. What is a Society: Our Environment and Society
- 2. You and Others: Diversity and Discrimination
- 3. Rule of Sword or Book: What is a Government
- 4. India Lives in Villages: Administration in Rural Areas
- 5. Masters of the City: Administration in Urban Areas
- 6. I Love My India: Our Public and Private Property
- Child and You: Child Labour
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×