- Subject(s):Social Studies
- Author(s):Sumitra Ray
- Available from: May 2013
Round the Globe incorporates the syllabus guidelines of the Inter-State Board for Anglo-Indian Education.
Send a Query×
Round the Globe: A Textbook for ICSE Geography incorporates the syllabus guidelines of the Inter-State Board for Anglo-Indian Education. This three-level series for classes 6 to 8 not only prepares children for the more detailed study of Geography in high school but also motivates them to do so with enjoyment, interest and curiosity. The series uses a friendly and interactive language which urges students to think, reflect, reason and in the process develop their own understanding and awareness of the various geographical facts and occurrences presented in the books.
Learning Objectives give a quick overview of the chapter-content.
By the Way! are additional information and trivia relevant to a topic.
Find Out! are questions and research ideas to encourage independent research.
New terminologies glossed as footnotes.
Fact boxes to explain a concept in detail or to list statistics relevant to a topic.
Let’s Wind Up summarises key ideas and points at the end of every chapter.
Think and Answer covers a range of objective and subjective exercises which adhere to the examination specifications.
Mixed Bag covers an array of application-based tasks and creative games related to the topics to hone reasoning and observation skills.
Geo Quiz are MCQs for revision and to further the interest of the learner.
- 1. Motions of the Earth: Rotation and Revolution
- 2.Imaginary Lines: Latitudes and Longitudes
- 3.Realms of the Earth: Lithosphere, Hydrosphere, Atmosphere and Biosphere
- 4.The Changing Landscape: Weathering and Soil formation
- 5.The Weather: Recording and Forecasting
- 6. North America: Location and Physiography
- 7. North America: Climate, Flora and Fauna
- 8. North America: Natural Resources, Economic Activities and Population
- 9. Case Study: Wood Industry in Canada
- 10. Case Study: Software Industry in the USA
- 11. Case Study: Automobile Industry in the USA
- 12. South America: Location and Physiography
- 13. South America: Climate, Flora and Fauna
- 14. South America: Natural Resources, Industry and Population
- 15. Case Study: Coffee Industry in Brazil
- 16.Case Study: Pastoral Industry in Argentina
- 17.Case Study: Guano Industry in Peru
- 18. Antarctica: An Overview
- 19. Disaster Management
Latest newsAll news
18 February 2019
How to offer inclusive support in science lessons
Advice on how to offer differentiated support to your students.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×