- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Jill Pavich
- Available from: March 2018
The only endorsed resources for the Cambridge International AS Level English General Paper syllabus (8021).
Send a Query×
Through exploration of a wide array of topics, from celebrity culture to poetry in the modern world, this book focuses on strengthening communication, evaluation, analysis, application and understanding skills. Helping students improve their written responses, use of English and comprehension, this coursebook looks at discussion points relevant to the globally-minded classroom. With frequent practice questions and sample answers, students have plenty of opportunities to build their confidence answering questions. Answers to coursebook questions are in the teacher’s resource. Supports group 4 of the Cambridge AICE Diploma.
Provides a guided, scaffolded route through this wide and varied syllabus – with a clear focus on assessment objectives.
Emphasises skills and development to maximise the potential learning opportunities in this and other subjects.
Familiarises students with academic vocabulary and important idiomatic language to develop a fluent writing style.
Encourages wider reading and development of current affairs knowledge and discussion, showing students how to apply skills to their individual situations and local knowledge.
Provides practice for exams with activities and exam-style questions.
Takes an active approach to instruction, encouraging discussion, interrogation and problem solving that supports deep learning.
- How to use this book
- 1. Overview of the English General Paper
- 1.1 Course overview, 1.2 Core course knowledge, 1.3 Critical reading
- 2. Understanding and applying
- 2.1 Summarising and explaining what you read
- 2.2 Planning and organising your responses
- 3. Analysing and evaluating
- 3.1 Argumentative writing
- 3.2 Discursive writing
- 3.3 Key skills review
- 4. Essential language skills
- 4.1 Use of English
- 4.2 'Decorative' parts of speech
- 4.3 'Essential' parts of speech
- 4.4 Adding complexity to your writing
- 4.5 Reviewing, editing and revising
- 5. Skills review and further study
- 5.1 Reviewing your writing skills
- 5.2 Reviewing your reading comprehension skills
Found 2 results
- File name
- File size
- Cambridge AS Level English General Paper Starter Pack.zip
- Zip Archive
- AS Level English General Paper Starter Pack.pdf
Latest newsAll news
21 October 2019
Storyboarding in the Latin Classroom
Do you have budding filmmakers in your Latin class? David Frauenfelder talks on the blog...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×