- English Language Learning
- Teacher Training, Development and Research
- English Phonetics and Phonology 4th Edition
English Phonetics and Phonology
This is a complete basic course in English phonetics and phonology.
Since the publication of the first edition in 1983, this course has established itself as the most practical, comprehensive text in the field and become widely used in many parts of the world in universities and other institutions of higher education. This new edition takes into account recent developments in the teaching of phonology. It includes updated references, fuller coverage of intonation, and a new chapter on different varieties of English with illustrative recorded material. At the end of each chapter in the book there are notes giving information on further reading, discussion of the more challenging issues, written exercises and, where appropriate, suggestions for teachers. In addition the audio CDs include recorded exercises for every chapter which are particularly helpful for non-native speakers. A full answer key is available at the back of the book. Additional exercises and other supporting material are available online.
- A complete basic course in English phonetics and phonology which combines academic material with practical exercises, both written and recorded.
- English Phonetics and Phonology bridges the gap between simple pronunciation handbooks and technical phonetics and phonology textbooks, presenting the basic factual material and crucial theoretical issues in a practical and readable way.
- Can be used by both native and non-native speakers alike, and is suitable for those training to teach English as well as those studying the language at an advanced level.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×