Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Robert Willis' monumental architectural history of the University of Cambridge, first published in 1886 in a revised and extended edition by his nephew J. W. Clark, was hailed as 'one of the most important contributions to the social and intellectual history of England which has ever been made by a Cambridge man.' These fully illustrated volumes are here reprinted in their entirety, with a modern introduction by Professor David Watkin. Although Willis and Clark has always been recognised by those interested generally in the conservation of buildings and in the historic development of architectural style and taste, its unique collection of over three hundred plans, antique and specially commissioned engravings is alone sufficient to make this an indispensable work of reference on Cambridge architecture before the onset of the modern age.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: September 2009
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521147217
- length: 144 pages
- dimensions: 244 x 170 x 8 mm
- weight: 0.24kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Town of Cambridge
2. Peterhouse: site and buildings
3. Peterhouse: buildings
4. Clare Hall: buildings
5. Clare Hall: copy of ancient plan
6. Pembroke College: site and buildings
7. Pembroke College: buildings of the Principal Court previous to 1870
8. Gonville and Caius College: site and buildings
9. Trinity Hall: site and buildings
10. Corpus Christi College: site and buildings
11. Eton College: site and buildings
12. Eton College: school-yard and cloister
13. King's College: site and buildings
14. King's College: chapel
15. Queen's College: site and buildings
16. St Catharine's Hall: site and buildings
17. Jesus College: buildings
18. Christ's College: site and buildings
19. St John's College: site and buildings
20. St John's College: site on the west side of the River Cam
21. St John's College: old chapel
22. Magdalene College: site and buildings
23. Trinity College: site
24. Trinity College: buildings
25. Emmanuel College: site and buildings
26. Sidney Sussex College: site and buildings
27. Schools, Senate House, Library: buildings
28. Schools and Library: first and ground floor
29. New museums for Natural Science: buildings.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×