Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
First published in 1926, as part of the Cambridge Plain Texts series, this volume contains a selection of essays from Die Hamburgische Dramaturgie by key German Enlightenment figure Gotthold Ephraim Lessing (1729–81). The essays were originally written as part of Lessing's role as advisor at the Hamburg National Theatre. Texts are presented in German with a short editorial introduction in English. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in Lessing and the development of German drama.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: February 2013
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107653030
- length: 90 pages
- dimensions: 203 x 127 x 5 mm
- weight: 0.11kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Cronegk: Olint und Sophromia. The martyr as hero. The art of acting
2. Voltaire: Sémiramis. Ghosts on the stage
3. Lessing: Miss Sara Sampson. 'Das bürgerliche Trauerspiel'
4. Voltaire: Zaïre. French and English tragedy
5. Du Belloy: Zelmire. The historical drama
6. T. Corneille: Le comte d'Essex. The historical drama
7. J. Banks: The Unhappy Favourite. The historical drama
8. Regnard: Le distrait. The nature of comedy.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×