Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Spectroscopic studies can reveal a wealth of information about the rotational and vibrational behavior of the constituent molecules of gases and liquids. This book reviews the fundamental concepts and models that underpin such studies. Throughout, discussion of the various quantum mechanical and semiclassical theories is interwoven with analysis of experimental results.Read more
- Comprehensive review of theoretical techniques, combined with analysis of experimental results
Reviews & endorsements
"...an excellent monograph for research workers in one of the more abstruse and difficult areas of physical chemistry." Robert R. Sharp, Journal of the American Chemical Society
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: July 2005
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521675581
- length: 312 pages
- dimensions: 234 x 156 x 17 mm
- weight: 0.44kg
- contains: 96 b/w illus. 6 tables
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Rotational relaxation
2. Orientational relaxation in dense media
3. Transformation of isotropic scattering spectra
4. Quantum theory of spectral collapse
5. Rotational relaxation. Kinetic and spectral manifestations
6. Impact theory of orientational relaxation
7. Rotation and libration in a fluctuating cell
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×