Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Australians find it difficult to compare themselves with the world because they exist as a developed English-speaking nation so far from the metropolitan centers of Europe and the U.S. Assessing the nation in relation to its broader group of peers, this book compares and contrasts Australia over 17 core aspects of economic, political and social life with 18 leading first-world countries. Rod Tiffen and Ross Gittins interpret the data and communicate its implications in this comprehensive reference work.Read more
- An accessible format which compares and contrasts Australia with eighteen other countries
- Includes economic, political and social aspects
- Tiffen and Griffins are a strong writing team
Reviews & endorsements
"...a remarkable new factbook from two distinguished Australian analysts..." Too Much newsletter
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: June 2006
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511192616
- contains: 394 tables
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
2. Government and politics
4. Work and the labour force
5. Government taxes and spending
8. Inequality and social welfare
9. International relations
11. Science and technology
12. Telecommunications and computing
16. Lifestyles, consumption and leisure
17. Crime and social problems
18. Religion, values and attitudes.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×