Out of Print
Multiple copy pack
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Now available in paperback as a set is Runciman's acclaimed trilogy on social theory. Volume one applies his methodological distinction between reportage, explanation, description, and evaluation, while volume two outlines the theory of social selection. The final volume examines the particular case of twentieth-century English society.Read more
- Highly acclaimed trilogy, applying original social theory
- Volumes I and II widely praised as 'remarkable', 'magisterial' and 'a bravura performance'
- Well known and highly respected author, Runciman known not only for social theory but also for leading the Commission on Social Justice, and chairing The Royal Commission on Criminal Justice
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: October 1997
- format: Multiple copy pack
- isbn: 9780521594592
- length: 1222 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 68 mm
- weight: 1.818kg
- availability: Unavailable - out of print September 2006
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: the case of twentieth-century England
2. The case reported
3. The case explained
4. The case described
5. The case evaluated.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×