- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Catherine Coucom
- Available from: January 2018
Covers the Cambridge IGCSE Accounting syllabus (0452) and Cambridge O Level Accounting syllabus (7110), first examination 2020.
Send a Query×
With more practice questions than the previous edition and content matched to the Cambridge IGCSE and O Level Accounting syllabuses, this coursebook increases understanding of accounting best practice. Clear step-by-step explanations and instructions help students learn how to record, report, present and interpret financial information while gaining an appreciation of the ways accounting is used in modern business contexts. The coursebook is ideal for those new to accounting. Also available in the series - workbook, revision guide, teacher's resource and Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition. Answers to the coursebook and workbook questions are in the teacher's resource.
A range of new practice exercises builds students' accounting skills and confidence with the subject.
Walkthroughs illustrate key accounting principles with absolute clarity.
Key terms highlight and explain important concepts, helping students produce clear and accurate answers.
Test yourself questions reinforce learning and aid self-assessment.
Revision checklists provide a quick summary of the key points covered in a chapter to consolidate learning.
- Where to find each section of the syllabus
- How to use this book
- Section 1. Chapter 1. Introduction to accounting
- Chapter 2. Double entry book-keeping – Part A
- Chapter 3. The trial balance
- Chapter 4. Double entry book-keeping – Part B
- Chapter 5. Petty cash books
- Section 1 practice questions
- Section 2. Chapter 6. Business documents
- Chapter 7. Books of prime entry
- Section 2 practice questions
- Section 3. Chapter 8. Financial statements – Part A
- Chapter 9. Financial statements – Part B
- Chapter 10. Accounting rules
- Chapter 11. Other payables and other receivables
- Chapter 12. Accounting for depreciation and disposal of non-current assets
- Chapter 13. Irrecoverable debts and provisions for doubtful debts
- Section 3 practice questions
- Section 4. Chapter 14. Bank reconciliation statements
- Chapter 15. Journal entries and correction of errors
- Chapter 16. Control accounts
- Chapter 17. Incomplete records
- Chapter 18. Clubs and societies
- Chapter 19. Partnerships
- Chapter 20. Manufacturing accounts
- Chapter 21. Limited companies
- Chapter 22. Analysis and interpretation
- Section 4 practice questions
Latest newsAll news
18 May 2020
TOK-bite video 2: teaching the new core theme 'Knowledge and the Knower'
We take a closer look at why the IB has introduced the new theme and...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×