- Subject(s):Business Studies
- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Peter Stimpson, Alex Smith
- Available from: March 2015
A comprehensive second edition of Business Management for the IB Diploma, revised for first teaching in 2014.
Send a Query×
Designed for class use and independent study, Business Management for the IB Diploma (Second Edition) is tailored to the thematic requirements and assessment objectives of the IB syllabus.Business Management for the IB Diploma (Second Edition) includes learning objectives and summaries; integrated Theory of Knowledge material; text in clear sections, following the IB syllabus structure and content specifications; clear, accessible English for students whose first language is not English; exam-style practice questions; and chapter assessment and exam techniques sections too. Written by two practicing Business Management teachers, Peter Stimpson and Alex Smith, it features the following topics: Business organisation and environment; Human resource management; Finance and accounts; Marketing; Operations management.
Tailored to thematic requirements (NB) and assessment objectives of the International Baccalaureate Organisation’s syllabus.
Key Theory of Knowledge exercises built into the methodology/text.
Key questions and summaries.
Text divided into clear sections, following the IB syllabus structure and content specifications.
Written in clear, accessible English (for students who are not mother-tongue speakers).
Clear essay-writing and exam guidance.
Exam-practice style exercises.
Co-written by practising IB Business and Management teachers and reviewed by academic experts in the field.
- Course Changes
- Unit 1. Business Organisation and Environment: 1.1. Introduction to business management
- 1.2. Types of organisations
- 1.3. Organisational objectives
- 1.4. Stakeholders
- 1.5. External environment
- 1.6. Growth and evolution
- 1.7. Organisational planning tools (HL only)
- Unit 2. Human Resource Management: 2.1. Functions and evolution of human resource management
- 2.2. Organisational structure
- 2.3. Leadership and management
- 2.4. Motivation
- 2.5. Organisational (corporate) culture (HL only)
- 2.6. Industrial/employee relations (HL only)
- Unit 3. Finance and Accounts: 3.1. Sources of finance
- 3.2. Costs and revenues
- 3.3. Break-even analysis
- 3.4. Final accounts (some HL only)
- 3.5. Profitability and liquidity ratio analysis
- 3.6. Efficiency ratio analysis (HL only)
- 3.7. Cash flow
- 3.8. Investment appraisal (some HL only)
- 3.9. Budgets (HL only)
- Unit 4. Marketing: 4.1. The role of marketing
- 4.2. Marketing planning (including introduction to the four Ps)
- 4.3. Sales forecasting (HL only)
- 4.4. Market research
- 4.5. The four Ps (product, price, promotion, place)
- 4.6. The extended marketing mix of seven Ps (HL only)
- 4.7. International marketing (HL only)
- 4.8. E-commerce
- Unit 5. Operations Management: 5.1. The role of operations management
- 5.2. Production methods
- 5.3. Lean production and quality management (HL only)
- 5.4. Location
- 5.5. Production planning (HL only)
- 5.6. Research and development (HL only)
- 5.7. Crisis management and contingency planning (HL only)
- Examination Skills
Alex Smith teaches Economics and Business and Management at Sevenoaks School, one of the UK's leading IB schools. He has taught IB Business Management and Economics for over 20 years and is an experienced examiner.
Peter Stimpson has over 30 years' experience in teaching Business Studies and Economics. He has been an examiner and also trains international teachers. He is the author of numerous Business and Management textbooks.
Found 1 results
- File name
- File size
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×