- Format:Print/online bundle
- Subject(s):English Language and Literature
- Author(s):Sunirmal Chakravarthi, Sunita Sharma
- Available from: August 2017
Based on the latest CISCE curriculum, this is a language-rich series for the teaching and learning of English for classes 1 to 8.
Send a Query×
Cambridge Connection – English is a eight-level series for the teaching and learning of English for classes 1 to 8. Based on the latest CISCE curriculum, it is a holistic course that inculcates in learners an appreciation for literature; proficiency in the four skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing (LSRW); and a spirit of enquiry and lifelong learning. The course encourages active participation of learners in the process of knowledge construction through ample individual, pair and group work as well as self-assessment. The series comprises Coursebooks 1 to 8, Workbooks 1 to 8, comprehensive Teacher’s Books and TRP+.
Warm-ups to bring out real-life connections with the themes; In-text questions and facts to aid comprehension and offer additional information; About the Author, Poet and Playwright to place the texts in perspective
Comprehension to inculcate literal, inferential and critical reading
Language in Use with graded grammar for a clear understanding of language structures; Word Power to make vocabulary acquisition dynamic and diverse; Special sections for emphasis on Dictionary Work, Spelling and Punctuation
Listening and Speaking with pronunciation practice, practice in listening for various functions as well as expression in a variety of situations
Writing to hone functional and creative expression
Guided and research-based Activity sections to bring a real-life connect to concepts; Projects to inculcate research and presentation skills, ethics of teamwork and the ability to synthesise information
Life Skills to promote critical thinking and responsible social participation
My Learning pages offer self-evaluation slips to help students reflect upon and track their progress. The slips can be cut out and submitted to teachers for record keeping
Quick Connect, a detachable poster, provides a quick grammar review. The images when scanned offer additional resources.
Digital solutions TRP+ and Explore App with audio-visual elements for a dynamic learning experience. TRP+ offers structured teaching tools and stimulating learning experiences in classrooms with the help of Rich audio-visual elements—animations, slide shows and interactive units; Lesson plans and delivery tools; Test Maker to prepare worksheets and tests.
- Sneak Peek
- On the Pasture [Johanna Spyri]
- Boats Sail on the Rivers [Christina Rossetti]
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland [Lewis Carroll]
- Saved by a Dolphin [James Baldwin]
- Good Books [Edgar Guest]
- Try, Try Again [James Baldwin]
- How the Balloon was Launched [L Frank Baum]
- Choosing Their Names [Thomas Hood]
- Health is Wealth
- The Land of Nod [R L Stevenson]
- Owls in the Family [Ruskin Bond]
- Fire in the Stables [Anna Sewell]
- Keep a Poem in Your Pocket [Beatrice Schenk de Regniers]
- Exploring an Underwater World [Penny Howard]
- The First Tooth [Charles And Mary Lamb]
- Mowgli Joins the Wolf Pack [Rudyard Kipling]
- The Pied Piper of Hamelin
Latest newsAll news
18 January 2019
Teaching a Poem, with Elizabeth Whittome
English blog about teaching a poem
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×