- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Rosa Parra Contreras, Marina Durañona, Carlos Valentini
- Available from: September 2018
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
An expertly written Spanish B course now updated for first examination 2020, providing students with thought-provoking materials to help them develop strong language skills and solid critical thinking.
Send a Query×
The coursebook helps students develop their Spanish language skills as they explore the five themes from the new IB Diploma Language B guide: identities, experiences, human ingenuity, social organisation and sharing the planet. Each unit begins with ‘big questions’ that get learners thinking about global topics such as, ‘how do we express our identity?’ These help students appreciate wider issues before developing their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills through international texts, practice exercises and activities in the style of the exam. Answers to questions and audio files for the listening exercises are in the teacher’s resource.
Big questions at the start of each unit introduce important world issues and ensure students’ learning reflects the mission of IB Diploma – ‘to create a better world through education.’
Listening activities in each unit help students practise this essential skill and prepare them for the new assessment. Audio for the listening activities is in the teacher's resource.
Activities in the style of the exam give students the opportunity to develop their language skills while preparing for the new assessment.
Sections on literature give higher level students the opportunity to practise for their individual oral exam.
Links to Theory of Knowledge (TOK), Extended Essay (EE) and Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) help students make connections with the IB Diploma Core.
Conceptual Understanding and Approaches to Learning are fully integrated into the coursebook, encouraging students to improve these skills.
A specific section on text types, updated to conform to the new Guide, helps students master different types of text.
- 1. Identidades: El español: una lengua viva
- 1.2. Che Guevara
- 1.3. Valorar las propias raíces
- 1.4. Amor en La Higuera
- 2. Experiencias: 2.1. Los sombreros
- 2.2. El último viaje de Cortázar
- 2.3. Vida deportiva: rompiendo estereotipos
- 2.4. El otro viaje de Cortázar
- 3. Ingenio humano: 3.1. Frida Kahlo
- 3.2. Ingenio humano
- 3.3. Ética, ciencia y tecnología
- 3.4. Una manera creativa de ver el mundo
- 4. Organización social: 4.1. La Monarquía
- 4.2. Adolescentes, una nueva generación
- 4.3. Organización social
- 4.4. Unidad Literaria: Leyendas prehispánicas
- 5. Compartimos el planeta: 5.1. Compartimos el planeta
- 5.2. La alimentación en el planeta
- 5.3. Pandemias
- 5.4. Palabras
- 6. Tipos de texto.
Latest newsAll news
21 August 2019
Identifying paragraph topics… in Tenerife
Take your students on a trip to Tenerife with our paragraph activity for Cambridge IGCSE...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×