- Format:Mixed media product
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Mary Jones, Richard Fosbery, Jennifer Gregory, Dennis Taylor
- Available from: August 2014
Fully revised and updated content matching the Cambridge International AS & A Level Biology syllabus (9700).
Send a Query×
Endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations, Cambridge International AS and A Level Biology Coursebook comprehensively covers all the knowledge and skills students need during the Biology 9700 course (first examination 2016).Written by renowned experts in Biology teaching, the Cambridge International AS and A Level Biology Coursebook text is written in an accessible style with international learners in mind. The Coursebook is easy to navigate with colour-coded sections to differentiate between AS and A Level content. Self-assessment questions allow learners to track their progression and exam-style questions help learners to prepare thoroughly for their examinations. Contemporary contexts are discussed throughout enhancing the relevance and interest for learners.Mac users please note that CD-ROMS don't autostart when used with Macs they will need to be started manually. If you have any queries please visit our customer support page or contact customer services.
- How to use this book
- 1. Cell structure
- 2. Biological molecules
- 3. Enzymes
- 4. Cell membranes and transport
- 5. The mitotic cell cycle
- 6. Nucleic acids and protein synthesis
- 7. Transport in plants
- 8. Transport in mammals
- 9. Gas exchange and smoking
- 10. Infectious diseases
- 11. Immunity
- P1. Practical skills for AS
- 12. Energy and respiration
- 13. Photosynthesis
- 14. Homeostasis
- 15. Coordination
- 16. Inherited change
- 17. Selection and evolution
- 18. Biodiversity, classification and conservation
- 19. Genetic technology
- P2. Planning, analysis and evaluation
- Appendix 1. Amino acid R groups
- Appendix 2. DNA and RNA triplet codes
Latest newsAll news
02 July 2019
What is assessment for learning and what are the benefits?
Have you heard a lot about AfL but don't completely understand it? You're not alone!
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×