Compact First for Schools
Student's Book without Answers with CD-ROM with Testbank
A focused, 50–60 hour course for the revised Cambridge English: First (FCE) for Schools exam from 2015.
Compact First for Schools Student's Book features eight topic-based units to maximise the exam performance of school-age learners. Units are organised by exam paper with pages on Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening and Speaking. A Grammar reference covers key areas in the syllabus, and unit-based wordlists include target vocabulary with definitions, there is also a revision section. The CD-ROM provides interactive grammar, vocabulary and exam skills tasks including listening. A Testbank access code for four online Cambridge English: First for Schools practice tests is included with this Student's Book.
- Provides efficient exam preparation in 50-60 core hours.
- Content and treatment of topics targets the interests and experience of schools age students while preparing them for the exam.
- Grammar sections and a Grammar Reference help students build up the accurate language structure necessary for the Use of English parts of the Reading and Use of English paper.
- B2-level vocabulary is targeted, drawing on insights from English Profile, covering items such as collocations, word formation, phrasal verbs, three word verbs, easily confused words.
- Two full practice tests are available online for teachers to access.
- Two teen-inspired topics in each unit ensure the entire exam syllabus is covered, and can also act as a basis for CLIL-based extension activities and projects.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×