- English Language Learning
- English in Mind
English in Mind
English in Mind is a six-level course for teenagers.
Written for teenagers, English in Mind creates an inspiring learning experience for secondary students. Everything, from the choice of imaginative topics, texts and exercises to the attractive design is perfectly matched to students' interests, age and ability. It provides a solid basis for effective language learning through a strong focus on grammar and vocabulary. Flexibility and support are offered in the form of photocopiable activities and tests in the Teacher’s Resource Pack, 'EiMTV' DVDs, Workbook CD-ROMs and the extensive free worksheets, tests, wordlists and resources on the website. Each level of the course provides 80-90 hours of work with the possibility of extension. It can be used with mixed-ability classes. The Starter level is for complete beginners and Level 1 is for elementary students and contains a 16-page starter section to revise key language. Levels 2 to 5 take students from pre-intermediate to advanced level.
- Imaginative and appealing topics - such as wonders of the world, reality TV and global issues engage teenagers' interest and motivate them to learn.
- Projects and writing tasks allow students to build up their own language portfolios, developing learner independence and giving students a practical use for the language.
- 'Culture in Mind' sections give students an insight into different aspects of culture throughout the English-speaking world.
- 'Fiction in Mind' in level 3 and 'Literature in Mind' in levels 4 and 5 provide further reading practice.
- Teacher's Resource Pack with extra photocopiable activities and tests gives teachers lots of support and flexibility.
- Entertaining photostories give students a feel for contemporary spoken English.
- 'Study Help' and 'Skills Tips' sections in the Workbook give learners extra support and guidance.
- A strong focus on grammar and vocabulary provides a solid basis for effective language learning.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×