Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
These lecture notes begin with an introduction to topological groups and proceed to a proof of the important Pontryagin-van Kampen duality theorem and a detailed exposition of the structure of locally compact abelian groups. Measure theory and Banach algebra are entirely avoided and only a small amount of group theory and topology is required, dealing with the subject in an elementary fashion. With about a hundred exercises for the student, it is a suitable text for first-year graduate courses.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: August 1977
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521215435
- length: 140 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 8 mm
- weight: 0.22kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to topological groups
2. Subgroups and quotient groups of Rn
3. Uniform spaces and dual groups
4. Introduction to the Pontryagin-van Kampen duality theorem
5. Duality for compact and discrete groups
6. The duality theorem and the principal structure theorem
7. Consequences of the duality theorem
8. Locally Euclidean and NSS-groups
9. Non-abelian groups.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×