- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: September 2011
- Print publication year: 2003
- Online ISBN: 9780511998898
- Book DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CCOL9780521663304
Stravinsky's work spanned the major part of the twentieth century and engaged with nearly all its principal compositional developments. This Companion reflects the breadth of Stravinsky's achievement and influence in essays by leading international scholars on a wide range of topics. It is divided into three parts dealing with the contexts within which Stravinsky worked (Russian, modernist and compositional), with his key compositions (Russian, neoclassical and serial), and with the reception of his ideas (through performance, analysis and criticism). The volume concludes with an interview with the leading Dutch composer Louis Andriessen and a major re-evaluation of 'Stravinsky and Us' by Richard Taruskin.
Source: Slavonic and East European Review
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between September 2016 - 27th June 2017. This data will be updated every 24 hours.