- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: March 2008
- Print publication year: 1975
- Online ISBN: 9781139054966
- Book DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CHOL9780521200936
Volume 4 is a survey of every aspect of the civilisations which flourished in the Iranian region from the Arab conquests to the Saljuq expansion: in particular, it studies the gradual transition of Iran from Zoroastrianism to Islam, the uniting of all Iranians under one rule, the flowering into full magnificence of the Persian language, and the establishment of those other acts which were to flourish so brilliantly after the Mongol conquest. The volume as a whole provides a comprehensive record of the formative centuries of Islam in Iran.
This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between September 2016 - 23rd April 2017. This data will be updated every 24 hours.