- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: March 2010
- Print publication year: 1996
- Online ISBN: 9780511662812
- Book DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511662812
The classical theory of dynamical systems has tended to concentrate on Z-actions or R-actions. However in recent years there has been considerable progress in the study of higher dimensional actions (i.e. Zd or Rd with d>1). This book represents the proceedings of the 1993–4 Warwick Symposium on Zd actions. It comprises a mixture of surveys and original articles that span many of the diverse facets of the subject, including important connections with statistical mechanics, number theory and algebra. Researchers in ergodic theory and related fields will find that this book is an invaluable resource.
Thomas Ward Source: Ergodic Theory & Dynamical Systems
Source: L'Enseignement Mathématique
Source: European Mathematical Society Newsletter
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between September 2016 - 23rd May 2017. This data will be updated every 24 hours.