1. , . Pain assessment and evaluation of patients who have neuropathic pain. Neurol Clin 1998;16:775–789.
2. . Mechanisms of disease: neuropathic pain – a clinical perspective. Nat Clin Pract Neurol 2006;2:95–105.
3. , . Epidemiology of neuropathic pain: can we use the screening tools?Pain 2007;132:12–13.
4. , , , , . Clinical importance of changes in chronic pain intensity measured on an 11-point numerical pain rating scale. Pain 2001;94:149–158.
5. . Mechanisms of disease: neuropathic pain – a clinical perspective. Nat Clin Pract Neurol 2006;2:95–105.
6. , , , . Symptoms and signs in patients with suspected neuropathic pain. Pain 2004;110:461–469.
7. , , . Glial activation: a driving force for pathological pain. Trends Neurosci 2001;24:450–455.
8. , . Assessment and diagnosis of neuropathic pain. Curr Opin Support Palliat Care 2008;2:1–8.
9. . The diagnostic workup of patients with neuropathic pain. Anesthesiol Clin 2007;25:699–708.
10. , , , et al. Assessment of pain. Br J Anaesth 2008;101:17–24.
11. , . Chapter 34. Classification of neuropathic pain syndromes based on symptoms and signs. Handb Clin Neurol 2006;81:517–526.
12. , . Development and preliminary validation of a pain measure specific to neuropathic pain; the Neuropathic Pain Scale. Neurology 1997;48:332–338.
13. , . Development of a neuropathic pain questionnaire. Clin J Pain 2003;19:306–314.
14. , , , et al. EFNS guidelines on pharmacological treatment of neuropathic pain. Eur J Neurol 2006;13:1153–1169.
15. , , , , . Algorithm for neuropathic pain treatment: an evidence based proposal. Pain 2005;118:289–305.
16. , , . Topical lidocaine for the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007;2:CD004846.
17. , , , , . Systematic review of topical capsaicin for the treatment of chronic pain. BMJ 2004;328:991–994.
18. , . Antidepressants for neuropathic pain. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007;4:CD005454.
19. , , , et al. Pharmacologic management of neuropathic pain: evidence-based recommendations. Pain 2007;132:237–251.
20. , , , et al. Pharmacological management of chronic neuropathic pain – consensus statement and guidelines from the Canadian Pain Society. Pain Res Manag 2007;12:13–21.
21. , , , . Duloxetine for painful diabetic neuropathy and fibromyalgia pain: systematic review of randomised trials. BMC Neurol 2008;8:29.
22. . In Practice Guidelines, revised ed. Chicago, IL: American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 2008.
23. . Role pf psychology in pain management. Br J Anaesth 2001;87:144–152.
24. , . Psychological factors in chronic pain. Evolution and revolution. J Clin Consult Psychol 2002;70:678–690.
25. , . Behavioral medicine approaches to pain. Anesthesiol Clin 2007;25:709–719.
26. , , . Psychologic interventions for chronic pain. Phys Med Rehabil Clin N A 2006;17:415–433.
27. , . Cognitive behavioral approaches and neuropathic pain. Handbook Clin Neurol 2006;81:855–868.
28. , , . Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials of cognitive behavior therapy and behavior therapy for chronic pain in adults, excluding headache. Pain 1999;80:1–13.
29. , , , . Meta-analysis of psychological interventions for chronic low back pain. Health Psychol 2007;26:10–12.
30. , , , et al. Coping with chronic pain: a critical review of the literature. Pain 1991;47:249–283.
31. , , . Efficacy of multidisciplinary pain treatment centers: a meta-analytic review. Pain 1992;49:221–230.
32. , . Evidence-based scientific data documenting the treatment and cost-effectiveness of comprehensive pain program for chronic non-malignant pain. J Pain 2006;7:779–793.
33. . Clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of treatments for patients with chronic pain. Clin J Pain 2002;18:355–365.
34. . Rational integration of pharmacologic, behavioral, and rehabilitation strategies in the treatment of chronic pain. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2005;84(3 Suppl):S64–S76.
35. , , , . Multidisciplinary treatment for chronic pain: a systematic review of interventions and outcomes. Rheumatology 47:670–678.
36. . Sympathetic blocks: the evidence. Pain Practice 2008;8:98–109.
37. , . Interventional approaches to pain management. Med Clin North Am 2007;91:271–286.
38. , . Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, vibration and acupuncture as pain-relieving measures. In , , eds. Textbook of Pain, 4th ed. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 1999, pp. 1341–1351.
39. , . Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) for chronic pain. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008;3.
40. , , , et al. Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation for the treatment of chronic low back pain: a systematic review. Spine 2005;30:2657–2666.
41. , , . Spinal cord stimulation for neuropathic pain. Handb Clin Neurol 2006;81:887–899.
42. , . Practice parameters for the use of spinal cord stimulation in the treatment of chronic neuropathic pain. Pain Med 2007;8(Suppl 4):S200–S275.