- Publisher: Edinburgh University Press
- Online publication date: December 2017
- Print publication year: 2017
- Online ISBN: 9781474418393
- Subjects: Literature, Literary Theory
- Series: Edinburgh Critical Studies in Shakespeare and Philosophy
Is Shylock Jewish? studies Shakespeare's extensive use of stories from the Hebrew Bible in "The Merchant of Venice", and argues that Shylock and his daughter Jessica draw on recognizably Jewish ways of engaging with those narratives throughout the play.