- Publisher: Facet
- Online publication date: February 2020
- Print publication year: 2019
- Online ISBN: 9781783303953
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.29085/9781783303953
- Subjects: Humanities, General
This accessible and highly practical book provides an introductory guide to the world of research support in the academic library.Academic libraries have seen huge changes in recent years thanks to the increasing availability of information online but they are now undergoing another shift. As libraries move away from providing access to existing information and towards helping users create new knowledge there is an opportunity for them to develop new services for the research community. To do this successfully libraries need to have a knowledgeable workforce who are equipped to provide the support that researchers need. Information professionals are increasingly being asked to advise their users on issues such as open access and research data management but are often doing so with little or no formal preparation.Outlining the reasons why library staff need to develop a knowledge of research support and guiding them through the key information on each topic,
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.