This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. RR Wing & RW Jeffery (2001) Food provision as a strategy to promote weight loss. Obes Res 9, Suppl. 4, 271S–275SS.
4. RW Jeffery , RR. Wing , C Thorson , et al. (1993) Strengthening behavioral interventions for weight loss: a randomized trial of food provision and monetary incentives. J Consult Clin Psychol 61, 1038–1045.
6. LJ Appel & LP Van Horn (2013) Did the PREDIMED trial test a Mediterranean diet? N Engl J Med 368, 1353–1354.
7. MÁ Martínez-González , D Corella , J Salas-Salvadó , et al. (2012) Cohort profile: Design and methods of the PREDIMED study. Int J Epidemiol 41, 377–385.
11. JMR Spahn , S Rebecca , KS Keim , et al. (2010) State of the evidence regarding behavior change theories and strategies in nutrition counseling to facilitate health and food behavior change. J Am Diet Assoc 110, 879–891.
12. LE Burke , MA Styn , AR Steenkiste , et al. (2006) A randomized clinical trial testing treatment preference and two dietary options in behavioral weight management: preliminary results of the impact of diet at 6 months – PREFER Study. Obesity (Silver Spring) 14, 2007–2017.
13. DA Williamson , SD Anton , H Han , et al. (2010) Adherence is a multi-dimensional construct in the POUNDS LOST trial. J Behav Med 33, 35–46.
17. JPT Higgins , SG Thompson , JJ Deeks , et al. (2003) Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses. BMJ 327, 557–560.
18. M Wien , K Oda & J Sabate (2014) A randomized controlled trial to evaluate the effect of incorporating peanuts into an American Diabetes Association meal plan on the nutrient profile of the total diet and cardiometabolic parameters of adults with type 2 diabetes. Nutr J 13, 10.
21. SM Hannum , L Carson , EM Evans , et al. (2004) Use of portion-controlled entrees enhances weight loss in women. Obes Res 12, 538–546.
23. J Sabaté , Z Cordero-MacIntyre , G Siapco , et al. (2009) Does regular walnut consumption lead to weight gain? Br J Nutr 94, 859–864.
24. GE Crichton , PRC Howe , JD Buckley , et al. (2012) Dairy consumption and cardiometabolic health: outcomes of a 12-month crossover trial. Nutr Metab (Lond) 9, 19.
25. KJ Murphy , RL Thomson , AM Coates , et al. (2012) Effects of eating fresh lean pork on cardiometabolic health parameters. Nutrients 4, 711–723.
26. DF Tate , G Turner-McGrievy , E Lyons , et al. (2012) Replacing caloric beverages with water or diet beverages for weight loss in adults: main results of the Choose Healthy Options Consciously Everyday (CHOICE) randomized clinical trial. Am J Clin Nutr 95, 555–563.
27. SM Waller , JS Vander Wal , DM Klurfeld , et al. (2004) Evening ready-to-eat cereal consumption contributes to weight management. J Am Coll Nutr 23, 316–321.
29. J Salas-Salvadó , M Bulló , R Estruch , et al. (2014) Prevention of diabetes with Mediterranean diets: a subgroup analysis of a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med 160, 1–10.
31. MB Zemel , D Teegarden , M Van Loan , et al. (2009) Dairy-rich diets augment fat loss on an energy-restricted diet: a multicenter trial. Nutrients 1, 83–100.
33. S Tonstad , N Malik & E Haddad (2014) A high-fibre bean-rich diet versus a low-carbohydrate diet for obesity. J Hum Nutr Diet 27, Suppl. 2, 109–116.
35. I Labayen , N Dı́ez , D Parra , et al. (2004) Basal and postprandial substrate oxidation rates in obese women receiving two test meals with different protein content. Clin Nutr 23, 571–578.
37. D Mozaffarian , T Hao , EB Rimm , et al. (2011) Changes in diet and lifestyle and long-term weight gain in women and men. N Engl J Med 364, 2392–2404.
38. M Svendsen , R Blomhoff , I Holme , et al. (2007) The effect of an increased intake of vegetables and fruit on weight loss, blood pressure and antioxidant defense in subjects with sleep related breathing disorders. Eur J Clin Nutr 61, 1301–1311.
39. AG Digenio , JP Mancuso , RA Gerber , et al. (2009) Comparison of methods for delivering a lifestyle modification program for obese patients: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med 150, 255–262.
42. GE Crichton , PRC Howe , JD Buckley , et al. (2012) Long-term dietary intervention trials: critical issues and challenges. Trials 13, 111.