This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. WJ Rashkind , WW Miller . Creation of an atrial septal defect without thoracotomy: a palliative approach to complete transposition of the great arteries. JAMA 1966; 196: 991–992.
3. PS McQuillen , SE Hamrick , MJ Perez , et al. Balloon atrial septostomy is associated with preoperative stroke in neonates with transposition of the great arteries. Circulation 2006; 113: 280–285.
4. CJ Petit , JJ Rome , G Wernovsky , et al. Preoperative brain injury in transposition of the great arteries is associated with oxygenation and time to surgery, not balloon atrial septostomy. Circulation 2009; 119: 709–716.
5. PA Ebert , K Turley , P Stranger , et al. Surgical treatment of truncus arteriosus in the first six months of life. Ann Surg 1984; 200: 451–456.
6. C Marcelletti , DC McGoon , GK Danielson , et al. Early and late results of surgical repair of truncus arteriosus. Circulation 1977; 55: 636–641.
7. AM Lund , M Vogel , AC Marshall , et al. Early reintervention on the pulmonary arteries and right ventricular outflow tract after neonatal or early infant repair of truncus arteriosus using homograft conduits. Am J Cardiol 2011; 108: 106–113.
8. LF Peng , DB McElhinney , AW Nugent , et al. Endovascular stenting of obstructed right ventricle to pulmonary artery conduits: a 15-year experience. Circulation 2006; 113: 2598–2605.
9. DB McElhinney , WE Hellenbrand , EM Zahn , et al. Short and medium term outcomes after transcatheter pulmonary valve placement in the expanded multicenter US melody valve trial. Circulation 2010; 122: 507–516.
10. R Formigari , G Santoro , P Guccione , et al. Treatment of pulmonary artery stenosis after arterial switch operation: stent implanation versus balloon angioplasty. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2000; 50: 207–211.
11. A Saxena , LV Fong , BC Ogilvie , et al. Use of balloon dilation to treat supravalvar pulmonary stenosis developing after anatomical correction for complete transposition. Br Heart J 1990; 64: 151–155.
12. P Ou , E Mousseaux , A Azarine , et al. Detection of coronary complications after the arterial switch operation for transposition of the great arteries: first experience with multislice computed tomography in children. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2006; 131: 639–643.
13. E Angeli , R Formigari , C Pace Napoleone , et al. Long-term coronary artery outcome after arterial switch operation for transposition of the great arteries. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2010; 38: 714–720.
14. CA Pedra , C Fleishman , SF Pedra , et al. New imaging modalities in the catheterization laboratory. Curr Opin Cardiol 2011; 26: 86–93.
15. AC Glatz , X Zhu , MJ Gillespie , et al. Use of angiographic CT imaging in the cardiac catheterization laboratory for congenital heart disease. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2010; 3: 1149–1157.