1. Vogel, M, Berger, F, Dahnert, I, Ewert, P, Lange, PE. Treatment of atrial septal defects in symptomatic children aged less than 2 years of age using the Amplatzer septal occluder. Cardiol Young 2000; 10: 534–537.
2. Masura, J, Gavora, P, Formanek, A, et al. Transcatheter closure of secundum atrial septal defects using the new self-centring Amplatzer septal occluder: initial human experience. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn 1997; 42: 388–393.
3. Wilkinson, JL, Goh, TH. Early clinical experience with use of the “Amplatzer septal occluder” device for atrial septal defect. Cardiol Young 1998; 8: 295–302.
4. Chan, KC, Godman, MJ, Walsh, K, Wilson, N, Redington, A, Gibbs, JL. Transcatheter closure of atrial septal defect and interatrial communications with a new self expanding Nitinol double disc device (Amplatzer septal occluder): multicentre UK experience. Heart 1999; 82: 300–306.
5. Hijazi, ZM, Cao, Q, Patel, H, Rhodes, J. Transcatheter closure of atrial communications using the Amplatzer septal occluder. J Interv Cardiol 1999; 12: 51–57.
6. Berger, F, Ewert, P, Bjorn tad, PG, et al. Transcatheter closure as standard treatment for most interatrial defects: experience in 200 patients treated with the Amplatzer septal occluder. Cardiol Young 1999; 9: 468–473.
7. Chessa, M, Carminati, M, Butera, G, et al. Early and late complications associated with transcatheter occlusion of secundum atrial septal defect. J Am Coll Cardiol 2002; 39: 1061–1065.
8. Knepp, MD, Rocchini, AP, Lloyd, TR, Aiyagari, RM. Long-term follow up of secundum atrial septal defect closure with the Amplatzer septal occluder. Congenital Heart Disease 2010; 5: 32–37.
9. Spence, MS, Qureshi, SA. Complications of transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects. Heart 2005; 9: 1512–1514.
10. Amin, Z, Hijazi, ZM, Bass, JL, Cheatham, JP, Hillenbrand, WE, Kleinmann, CS. Erosion of Amplatzer septal occluder device after closure of secundum atrial septal defects: review of registry of complications and recommendations to minimize future risk. Cathet Cardiovasc Interv 2004; 63: 496–502.
11. Schoen, SP, Boscheri, A, Lange, SA, et al. Incidence of aortic valve regurgitation and outcome after percutaneous closure of atrial septal defects and patent foramen ovale. Heart 2008; 94: 844–847.
12. Sadiq, M, Akram, Z, Butt, M. Transcatheter occlusion of Secundum atrial septal defects with Amplatzer Septal Occluder – initial experience. Pakistan J Cardiol 2001; 12: 61–66.
13. Pondar, T, Martanovic, P, Gavora, P, Masura, J. Morphological variations of secundum-type atrial septal defects: feasibility for percutaneous closure using Amplatzer septal occluder. Cathet Cardiovasc Interv 2001; 53: 386–391.
14. Shrivastava, S, Radhakrishnan, S. Echocardiographic anatomy of the atrial septal defects: “nomenclature of rims”. Ind Heart J 2003; 55: 88–89.
15. Dalvi, B. Balloon assisted technique for closure of large atrial septal defects. Images Paediatr Cardiol 2008; 37: 5–9.
16. Divekar, A, Gaamangwe, T, Shaikh, N, Raabe, M, Ducas, J. Cardiac perforation after device closure of atrial septal defects with the Amplatzer septal occluder. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005; 45: 1213–1218.
17. Fischer, G, Stieh, J, Uebing, A, Hoffmann, U, Morf, G, Kramer, H. Experience with transcatheter closure of Secundum atrial septal defects using the Amplatzer septal occluder: a single centre study in 236 consecutive patients. Heart 2003; 89: 199–204.
18. Raghuram, RA Krishnan, R, Kumar, S, Balamurugan, K. Complications in atrial septal defect device closure. Cathet Cardiovasc Interv 2004; 63: 496–502.
19. Rao, PS, Berger, F, Rey, C, et al. International Buttoned Device Trial Group. Results of transvenous occlusion of secundum atrial septal defects with the fourth generation buttoned device: comparison with first, second and third generation devices. J Am Coll Cardiol 2000; 36: 583–592.
20. Worms, AM, Rey, C, Bourlon, F, et al. Experience francaise de la fermeture des communications interauruculaires de type ostium secundum par la prothese boutonnee de Sideris. Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 1996; 89: 509–515.
21. Krumsdorf, U, Ostermayer, S, Billinger, K, et al. Incidence and clinical course of thrombus formation on atrial septal defect and patient foramen ovale closure devices in 1,000 consecutive patients. J Am Coll Cardiol 2004; 43: 302–305.
22. Scholtz, W, Jategaonkar, S, Faber, L. Unusual complication with transcatheter closure of an atrial septal defect prevented by adequate imaging. Images in cardiovascular medicine. Circulation 2008; 117: 181–183.
23. Shaheen, J, Alper, L, Rosenmann, D, et al. Effect of surgical repair of secundum-type atrial septal defect on right atrial, right ventricular, and left ventricular volumes in adults. Am J Cardiol 2000; 86: 1395–1397.
24. Gomez, C, Ludomirsky, A, Ensing, G, Rocchini, A. Effect of acute changes in load on left ventricular diastolic function during device closure of atrial septal defects. Am J Cardiol 2009; 95: 686–688.
25. Schubert, S, Peters, B, Abdul-Khaliq, H, Nagdyman, N, Lange, PE, Ewert, P. Left ventricular conditioning in the elderly patient to prevent congestive heart failure after transcatheter closure of atrial septal defect. Cathet Cardiovasc Interv 2005; 64: 333–337.
26. Gatzoulis, MA, Freeman, MA, Siu, SC, Webb, GD, Harris, L. Atrial arrhythmia after surgical closure of atrial septal defects in adults. NEJM 1999; 340: 839–846.
27. Ghosh, S, Chatterjee, S, Black, E, Firmin, RK. Surgical closure of atrial septal defects in adults: effect of age at operation on outcome. Heart 2002; 88: 485–487.
28. Jategaonkar, S, Scholtz, W, Schmidt, H, Horstkotte, D. Percutaneous closure of atrial septal defects: echocardiographic and functional results in elderly patients over 60 years. Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2009; 2: 85–89.
29. Nehgme, RA, Huddleston, AR, Cheatham, JP. Progression to late complete atrioventricular block following Amplatzer device closure of atrial septal defect in a child. Pediatr Cardiol 2009; 30: 367–370.
30. Massin, MM, Dessy, H, Malekzadeh-Milani, SG, Khaldi, K, Topac, B, Edelman, R. Chronotropic impairment after surgical or percutaneous closure of atrial septal defect. Cathet Cardiovasc Interv 2009; 73: 564–567.
31. Suda, K, Raboisson, MJ, Piette, E, Dahdah, NS, Miró, J. Reversible atrioventricular block associated with closure of atrial septal defects using the Amplatzer device. J Am Coll Cardiol 2004; 43: 1677–1682.