This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. DJ Driscoll , SJ Jacobsen , CJ Porter , PC Wollan . Syncope in children and adolescents. J Am Coll Cardiol 1997; 29: 1039–1045.
2. WA Scott . Evaluating the child with syncope. Pediatr Ann 1991; 20: 350–351, 354–356, 359.
3. JL Pratt , GR Fleisher . Syncope in children and adolescents. Pediatr Emerg Care 1989; 5: 80–82.
4. L Chen , C Wang , H Wang , . Underlying diseases in syncope of children in China. Med Sci Monit 2011; 17: PH49–PH53.
5. JM Stewart , MH Gewitz , A Weldon , N Arlievsky , K Li , J Munoz . Orthostatic intolerance in adolescent chronic fatigue syndrome. Pediatrics 1999; 103: 116–121.
6. K Martin , G Bates , WP Whitehouse . Transient loss of consciousness and syncope in children and young people: what you need to know. Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed 2010; 95: 66–72.
7. W Wieling , KS Ganzeboom , JP Saul . Reflex syncope in children and adolescents. Heart 2004; 90: 1094–1100.
9. MS Rose , ML Koshman , S Spreng , R Sheldon . The relationship between health-related quality of life and frequency of spells in patients with syncope. J Clin Epidemiol 2000; 53: 1209–1216.
10. N van Dijk , MA Sprangers , N Colman , KR Boer , W Wieling , M Linzer . Clinical factors associated with quality of life in patients with transient loss of consciousness. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2006; 17: 998–1003.
11. JW Varni , TM Burwinkle , M Seid , D Skarr . The PedsQL 4.0 as a pediatric population health measure: feasibility, reliability, and validity. Ambul Pediatr 2003; 3: 329–341.
12. JW Varni , TM Burwinkle , M Seid . The PedsQL 4.0 as a school population health measure: feasibility, reliability, and validity. Qual Life Res 2006; 15: 203–215.
13. CA Warnes , R Liberthson , GK Danielson , . Task force 1: the changing profile of congenital heart disease in adult life. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001; 37: 1170–1175.
14. MS Medow , JM Stewart , S Sanyal , A Mumtaz , D Sica , WH Frishman . Pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of orthostatic hypotension and vasovagal syncope. Cardiol Rev 2008; 16: 4–20.
15. JW Varni , CA Limbers , TM Burwinkle . Impaired health-related quality of life in children and adolescents with chronic conditions: a comparative analysis of 10 disease clusters and 33 disease categories/severities utilizing the PedsQL 4.0 Generic Core Scales. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2007; 5: 43–57.
16. M Linzer , DT Gold , M Pontinen , GW Divine , A Felder , WB Brooks . Recurrent syncope as a chronic disease: preliminary validation of a disease-specific measure of functional impairment. J Gen Intern Med 1994; 9: 181–186.
17. M Linzer , M Pontinen , DT Gold , GW Divine , A Felder , WB Brooks . Impairment of physical and psychosocial function in recurrent syncope. J Clin Epidemiol 1991; 44: 1037–1043.
18. L Bonetti , MA Campbell , L Gilmore . The relationship of loneliness and social anxiety with children's and adolescents’ online communication. Cyberpsychol Behav Soc Netw 2010; 13: 279–285.
19. PM Valkenburg , J Peter , AP Schouten . Friend networking sites and their relationship to adolescents’ well-being and social self-esteem. Cyberpsychol Behav 2006; 9: 584–590.
20. M Brignole . Randomized clinical trials of neurally mediated syncope. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2003; 14 (9 Suppl): S64–S69.
21. H Calkins . Pharmacologic approaches to therapy for vasovagal syncope. Am J Cardiol 1999; 84: 20Q–25Q.
22. P Flevari , EG Livanis , GN Theodorakis , E Zarvalis , T Mesiskli , DT Kremastinos . Vasovagal syncope: a prospective, randomized, crossover evaluation of the effect of propranolol, nadolol and placebo on syncope recurrence and patients’ well-being. J Am Coll Cardiol 2002; 40: 499–504.
23. M Yackobovitch-Gavan , N Nagelberg , M Phillip , L Ashkenazi-Hoffnung , E Hershkovitz , S Shalitin . The influence of diet and/or exercise and parental compliance on health-related quality of life in obese children. Nutr Res 2009; 29: 397–404.
24. R Nuboer , GJ Borsboom , JA Zoethout , HM Koot , J Bruining . Effects of insulin pump vs. injection treatment on quality of life and impact of disease in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus in a randomized, prospective comparison. Pediatr Diabetes 2008; 9: 291–296.
25. AV Cuomo , SC Gamradt , CO Kim , . Health-related quality of life outcomes improve after multilevel surgery in ambulatory children with cerebral palsy. J Pediatr Orthop 2007; 27: 653–657.