This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. M Matsumoto , H Matsuo , A Kitabatake , Three-dimensional echocardiograms and two-dimensional echocardiographic images at desired planes by a computerized system. Ultrasound Med Biol 1977; 3: 163–178.
3. OT von Ramm , SW Smith . Real time volumetric ultrasound imaging system. J Digit Imaging 1990; 3: 261–266.
4. GS Shirali . Three-Dimensional Echocardiography in Congenital Heart Disease. Current Cardiovascular Imaging Reports 2008; 1: 16–24.
5. N Espinola-Zavaleta , J Vargas-Barron , C Keirns , Three-dimensional echocardiography in congenital malformations of the mitral valve. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2002; 15: 468–472.
7. JJ Vettukattil , T Bharucha , RH Anderson . Defining Ebstein’s malformation using three-dimensional echocardiography. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2007; 6: 685–690.
8. AM Hlavacek , FA Crawford Jr, KS Chessa , GS Shirali . Real-time three-dimensional echocardiography is useful in the evaluation of patients with atrioventricular septal defects. Echocardiography 2006; 23: 225–231.
9. TO Cheng , MX Xie , XF Wang , Y Wang , Q Lu . Real-time 3-dimensional echocardiography in assessing atrial and ventricular septal defects: an echocardiographic-surgical correlative study. Am Heart J 2004; 148: 1091–1095.
10. A Hlavacek , J Lucas , H Baker , K Chessa , G Shirali . Feasibility and utility of three-dimensional color flow echocardiography of the aortic arch: The “echocardiographic angiogram”. Echocardiography 2006; 23: 860–864.
11. GH Baker , NL Pereira , AM Hlavacek , K Chessa , G Shirali . Transthoracic real-time three-dimensional echocardiography in the diagnosis and description of noncompaction of ventricular myocardium. Echocardiography 2006; 23: 490–494.
12. EG Caiani , C Corsi , J Zamorano , Improved semiautomated quantification of left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction using 3-dimensional echocardiography with a full matrix-array transducer: comparison with magnetic resonance imaging. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2005; 18: 779–788.
13. T Poutanen , E Jokinen . Left ventricular mass in 169 healthy children and young adults assessed by three-dimensional echocardiography. Pediatr Cardiol 2007; 28: 201–207.
14. G Baker , E Flack , A Hlavacek , Variability and resource utilization of bedside three-dimensional echocardiographic quantitative measurements of left ventricular volume in congenital heart disease. Congenit Heart Dis 2006; 1: 309–314.
15. PS Niemann , L Pinho , T Balbach , Anatomically oriented right ventricular volume measurements with dynamic three-dimensional echocardiography validated by 3-Tesla magnetic resonance imaging. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007; 50: 1668–1676.
16. AM Dubin , J Janousek , E Rhee , Resynchronization therapy in pediatric and congenital heart disease patients: an international multicenter study. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005; 46: 2277–2283.
17. GH Baker , AM Hlavacek , KS Chessa , DM Fleming , GS Shirali . Left ventricular dysfunction is associated with intraventricular dyssynchrony by 3-dimensional echocardiography in children. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2008; 21: 230–233.
18. ML Vieira , AF Cury , G Naccarato , Analysis of Left Ventricular Regional Dyssynchrony: Comparison between Real Time 3D Echocardiography and Tissue Doppler Imaging. Echocardiography 2009.
19. XC Liang , EW Cheung , SJ Wong , YF Cheung . Impact of right ventricular volume overload on three-dimensional global left ventricular mechanical dyssynchrony after surgical repair of tetralogy of Fallot. Am J Cardiol 2008; 102: 1731–1736.
20. TM Raedle-Hurst , M Mueller , A Rentzsch , HJ Schaefers , E Herrmann , H Abdul-Khaliq . Assessment of left ventricular dyssynchrony and function using real-time 3-dimensional echocardiography in patients with congenital right heart disease. Am Heart J 2009; 157: 791–798.
21. D Burkhoff , I Mirsky , H Suga . Assessment of systolic and diastolic ventricular properties via pressure-volume analysis: a guide for clinical, translational, and basic researchers. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2005; 289: H501–H512.
22. W Grossman , E Braunwald , T Mann , LP McLaurin , LH Green . Contractile state of the left ventricle in man as evaluated from end-systolic pressure-volume relations. Circulation 1977; 56: 845–852.
24. MK Karunanithi , MP Feneley . Single-beat determination of preload recruitable stroke work relationship: derivation and evaluation in conscious dogs. J Am Coll Cardiol 2000; 35: 502–513.
25. GH Baker , G Shirali , JM Ringewald , TY Hsia , V Bandisode . Usefulness of live three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography in a congenital heart disease center. Am J Cardiol 2009; 103: 1025–1028.
26. M Scheurer , V Bandisode , P Ruff , A Atz , G Shirali . Early experience with real-time three-dimensional echocardiographic guidance of right ventricular biopsy in children. Echocardiography 2006; 23: 45–49.
27. Y Suematsu , JF Martinez , BK Wolf , Three-dimensional echo-guided beating heart surgery without cardiopulmonary bypass: atrial septal defect closure in a swine model. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2005; 130: 1348–1357.
28. GS Hurlock , H Higashino , T Mochizuki . History of cardiac computed tomography: single to 320-detector row multislice computed tomography. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 2009; 25 (Suppl 1): 31–42.
30. M Hadamitzky , B Freissmuth , T Meyer , Prognostic Value of Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography for Prediction of Cardiac Events in Patients With Suspected Coronary Artery Disease. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2009; 2: 404–411.
31. R Garg , AJ Powell , L Sena , AC Marshall , T Geva . Effects of metallic implants on magnetic resonance imaging evaluation of Fontan palliation. Am J Cardiol 2005; 95: 688–691.
32. AM Taylor . Cardiac imaging: MR or CT? Which to use when. Pediatr Radiol 2008; 38 (Suppl 3): S433–438.
33. LM Boxt . Magnetic resonance and computed tomographic evaluation of congenital heart disease. J Magn Reson Imaging 2004; 19: 827–847.
34. T Ucar , S Fitoz , E Tutar , S Atalay , A Uysalel . Diagnostic tools in the preoperative evaluation of children with anomalous pulmonary venous connections. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 2008; 24: 229–235.
36. HW Goo , DM Seo , TJ Yun , Coronary artery anomalies and clinically important anatomy in patients with congenital heart disease: multislice CT findings. Pediatr Radiol 2009; 39: 265–273.
37. CB Lerner , DP Frush , DT Boll . Evaluation of a coronary-cameral fistula: benefits of coronary dual-source MDCT angiography in children. Pediatr Radiol 2008; 38: 874–878.
38. SH Kwon , JH Oh , MY Han . Multiple giant coronary artery aneurysms due to Kawasaki disease: electrocardiogram-gated 64-slice multidetector row computed tomography findings. Pediatr Cardiol 2009; 30: 89–90.
39. KH Schuleri , M Centola , RT George , Characterization of Peri-Infarct Zone Heterogeneity by Contrast-Enhanced Multidetector Computed Tomography: A Comparison With Magnetic Resonance Imaging. J Am Coll Cardiol 2009; 53: 1699–1707.
40. JG Eichhorn , C Jourdan , SL Hill , SV Raman , JP Cheatham , FR Long . CT of Pediatric Vascular Stents Used to Treat Congenital Heart Disease. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2008; 190: 1241–1246.
41. D Brenner , C Elliston , E Hall , W Berdon . Estimated risks of radiation-induced fatal cancer from pediatric CT. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2001; 176: 289–296.
42. H Alkadhi . Radiation dose of cardiac CT-what is the evidence? Eur Radiol 2009: [in press].
43. S Achenbach , M Marwan , T Schepis , High-pitch spiral acquisition: a new scan mode for coronary CT angiography. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 2009; 3: 117–121.
44. R Blankstein , A Shah , R Pale , Radiation dose and image quality of prospective triggering with dual-source cardiac computed tomography. Am J Cardiol 2009; 103: 1168–1173.
46. J Hausleiter , T Meyer . Tips to minimize radiation exposure. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 2008; 2: 325–327.
47. C Herzog , DM Mulvihill , SA Nguyen , Pediatric Cardiovascular CT Angiography: Radiation Dose Reduction Using Automatic Anatomic Tube Current Modulation. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2008; 190: 1232–1240.