1. Campbell, M. Natural history of coarctation of the aorta. Br Heart J 1970; 32: 633–640.
2. Cokkins, DV, Leachman, RD, Cooley, DA. Increased mortality rate from coronary artery disease following operation for coarctation of the aorta at late age. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1979; 77: 315–318.
3. Clarkson, PM, Nicholson, MR, Barrat-Boyes, BG, Neutze, JM, Whitlock, RM. Results of repair of coarctation of the aorta beyond infancy: A 10–28 year follow-up with particular reference to late systemic hypertension. Am J Cardiol 1983; 51: 1481–1488.
4. Presbitero, P, Demarie, D, Villani, M, et al. Long-term results (15–30 years) of surgical repair of aortic coarctation. Br Heart J 1987; 57: 462–467.
5. Koller, M, Rothlin, M, Senning, A. Coarctation of the aorta: Review of 362 operated patients: Long-term follow-up and assessment of prognostic variables. Eur Heart J 1987; 8: 670–679.
6. Cohen, M, Fuster, V, Steele, PM, Driscoll, D, McGoon, DC. Coarctation of the aorta: Long-term follow-up and prediction of outcome after surgical correction. Circulation 1989; 80: 840–845.
7. Toro-Salazar, OH, Steinberger, J, Thomas, W, Rocchini, AP, Carpenter, B, Moller, JH. Long term follow-up of patients after coarctation of the aorta repair. Am J Cardiol 2002; 89: 541–547.
8. Baker, CL. Coarctation: the search for the Holy Grail. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2003; 126: 329–331.
9. Gibbs, JL. Treatment options for coarctation of the aorta. Heart 2000; 84: 11–13.
10. Giordano, U, Turchetta, A, Crosio, G, et al. End-to-end anastomosis vs subclavian flap for the repair of aortic coarctation: cardiovascular hemodynamics and blood pressure differences. Abstracts of the American Academy of Pediatrics – Section on Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery. Pediatr Cardiol 2003; 24: n. 127 page 630.
11. Giordano, U, Giannico, S, Cifra, B, Calzolari, F, Turchetta, A, Calzolari, A. Long-term follow-up of patients after surgical repair of coarctation of the aorta. Abstracts of the American Academy of Pediatrics – Section on Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery. Congenit Heart Dis 2006; 1: n. 107 page 269.
12.Update on the 1987 Second Task Force Report on High Blood Pressure in Children and adolescents: a working group report from the National High Blood Pressure Education Programme. Pediatrics 1996; 98: 649–658.
13. James, FW. Exercise testing in normal individuals and with cardiovascular disease. Cardiovasc Clin 1980; 11: 227–246.
14. Soergel, Ma, Kirschstein, Ma, Busch, Ch, et al. Oscillometric twenty-four-hour ambulatory blood pressure values in healthy children and adolescents: A multicenter trial including 1141 subjects. J Pediatr 1997; 130: 178–184.
15. Kappetein, PA, Guit, GL, Bogers, AJ, et al. Non-invasive long-term follow-up after coarctation repair. Ann Thorac Surg 1993; 55: 1153–1159.
16. Weber, HS, Cyran, SE, Grzeszcak, M, Myers, JL, Gleason, MM, Baylen, BG. Discrepancies in aortic growth explain aortic arch gradients during exercise. J Am Coll Cardiol 1993; 21: 1002–1007.
17. Giordano, U, Giannico, S, Turchetta, A, Hammad, F, Calzolari, F, Calzolari, A. The influence of different surgical procedures on hypertension after repair of coarctation. Cardiol Young 2005; 15: 477–480.
18. Guenthard, J, Zumsted, U, Whyler, F. Arm-leg pressure gradients on late follow-up after coarctation repair. Eur Heart J 1996; 17: 1572–1575.
19. Ross, RD, Clapp, SK, Gunther, S. Augmented norepinephrine and renin output in response to maximal exercise in hypertensive coartectomy patients. Am Heart J 1992; 123: 1293–1299.
20. Hauser, M, Kuehn, A, Wilson, N. Abnormal response for blood pressure in children and adults with surgically corrected aortic coarctation. Cardiol Young 2000; 10: 353–357.
21. Sehested, J, Baandrup, U, Mikkelsen, E. Different reactivity and structure of the prestenotic and poststenotic aorta in human coarctation: implications for baroreceptor function. Circulation 1982; 65: 1060–1065.
22. Nanton, MA, Olley, PM. Residual hypertension after coartectomy in children. Am J Cardiol 1976; 37: 769–772.
23. Leandro, J, Smallhorn, JF, Benson, L, et al. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and left ventricular mass and function after successful surgical repair of coarctation of the aorta. J Am Coll Cardiol 1992; 20: 197–204.
24. Clarkson, PM, Nicholson, MR, Barrat-Boyes, BG, Neutze, JM, Whitlock, RM. Results after repair of coarctation of the aorta beyond infancy: a 10-to-28 years follow-up with particular reference to late systemic hypertension. Am J Cardiol 1983; 51: 1481–1488.
25. Freed, MD, Rocchini, A, Rosenthal, A, Nadas, AS, Castaneda, AR. Exercise-induced hypertension after surgical repair of coarctation of the aorta. Am J Cardiol 1979; 43: 253–258.
26. Giordano, U, Turchetta, A, Calzolari, F, Crosio, G, Giannico, S, Calzolari, A. Exercise blood pressure response, cardiac output and 24 h ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in children after aortic coarctation repair. Ital Heart J 2003; 4: 408–412.
27. Ong, CM, Canter, CE, Gutierrez, FR, Sekarski, DR, Goldring, DR. Increased stiffness and persistent narrowing of the aorta after successful repair of coarctation of the aorta. Am Heart J 1992; 123: 1594–1600.