This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. M Bonnin , FJ Mercier , O Sitbon , . Severe pulmonary hypertension during pregnancy: mode of delivery and anesthetic management of 15 consecutive cases. Anesthesiology 2005; 102: 1133–1137; discussion 1135A–1136A.
2. BM Weiss , L Zemp , B Seifert , OM Hess . Outcome of pulmonary vascular disease in pregnancy: a systematic overview from 1978 through 1996. J Am Coll Cardiol 1998; 31: 1650–1657.
3. PM Engelfriet , MG Duffels , T Moller , . Pulmonary arterial hypertension in adults born with a heart septal defect: the Euro Heart Survey on adult congenital heart disease. Heart 2007; 93: 682–687.
4. E Bedard , K Dimopoulos , MA Gatzoulis . Has there been any progress made on pregnancy outcomes among women with pulmonary arterial hypertension? Eur Heart J 2009; 30: 256–265.
5. AE Abbas , SJ Lester , H Connolly . Pregnancy and the cardiovascular system. Int J Cardiol 2005; 98: 179–189.
6. S Fujitani , MR Baldisseri . Hemodynamic assessment in a pregnant and peripartum patient. Critic Care Med 2005 (Suppl. 10); 33: S354–S361.
7. SC Robson , S Hunter , RJ Boys , W Dunlop . Serial changes in pulmonary haemodynamics during human pregnancy: a non-invasive study using Doppler echocardiography. Clin Sci (Lond) 1991; 80: 113–117.
8. A Nahapetian , RJ Oudiz . Serial hemodynamics and complications of pregnancy in severe pulmonary arterial hypertension. Cardiology 2008; 109: 237–240.
9. Y Sugishita , I Ito , K Ozeki , C Ohta , T Kubo . Intracardiac pressures in pregnant patients with mitral stenosis. Jpn Heart J 1981; 22: 885–894.
10. DF Soydemir , T Johnston , B Clarke . Percutaneous closure of an atrial septal defect during pregnancy using an Amplatzer occlusion device. J Obstet Gynaecol 2005; 25: 715–716.
11. C Geohas , VV McLaughlin . Successful management of pregnancy in a patient with Eisenmenger syndrome with epoprostenol. Chest 2003; 124: 1170–1173.
12. KM Lust , RJ Boots , M Dooris , J Wilson . Management of labor in Eisenmenger syndrome with inhaled nitric oxide. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1999; 181: 419–423.
13. RA Strickland , WC Oliver Jr, RC Chantigian , JA Ney , GK Danielson . Anesthesia, cardiopulmonary bypass, and the pregnant patient. Mayo Clin Proc 1991; 66: 411–429.
14. F Pomini , D Mercogliano , C Cavalletti , A Caruso , P Pomini . Cardiopulmonary bypass in pregnancy. Ann Thorac Surg 1996; 61: 259–268.
16. OH Balint , A Samman , K Haberer , . Outcomes in patients with pulmonary hypertension undergoing percutaneous atrial septal defect closure. Heart 2008; 94: 1189–1193.
17. JS de Lezo , A Medina , M Romero , . Effectiveness of percutaneous device occlusion for atrial septal defect in adult patients with pulmonary hypertension. Am Heart J 2002; 144: 877–880.
18. J Horer , S Muller , C Schreiber , . Surgical closure of atrial septal defect in patients older than 30 years: risk factors for late death from arrhythmia or heart failure. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2007; 55: 79–83.
19. C O'Donnell , PN Ruygrok , K Whyte , NJ Wilson . Progressive pulmonary hypertension post atrial septal defect device closure-early symptomatic improvement may not predict outcome. Heart Lung Circ 2010; 19: 713–716.
20. KG Smedstad , R Cramb , DH Morison . Pulmonary hypertension and pregnancy: a series of eight cases. Can J Anaesth 1994; 41: 502–512.
21. YT Chia , SC Yeoh , OA Viegas , M Lim , SS Ratnam . Maternal congenital heart disease and pregnancy outcome. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 1996; 22: 185–191.
23. SC Yap , W Drenthen , FJ Meijboom , . Comparison of pregnancy outcomes in women with repaired versus unrepaired atrial septal defect. BJOG 2009; 116: 1593–1601.
24. Y Maeno , A Hirose , T Kanbe , D Hori . Fetal arrhythmia: prenatal diagnosis and perinatal management. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 2009; 35: 623–629.
25. EJ Barnes , F Eben , D Patterson . Direct current cardioversion during pregnancy should be performed with facilities available for fetal monitoring and emergency caesarean section. BJOG 2002; 109: 1406–1407.
26. CH Tromp , AC Nanne , PJ Pernet , R Tukkie , AC Bolte . Electrical cardioversion during pregnancy: safe or not? Neth Heart J 2011; 19: 134–136.