This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. S Galea , J Ahern , H. Resnick Psychological sequelae of the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York City. N Engl J Med. 2002;346 (13):982–987.
3. S Galea , H Resnick , J. Ahern Posttraumatic stress disorder in Manhattan, New York City, after the September 11th terrorist attacks. J Urban Health. 2002;79 (3):340–353.
4. S Galea , D Vlahov , H. Resnick Trends of probable post-traumatic stress disorder in New York City after the September 11 terrorist attacks. Am J Epidemiol. 2003;158 (6):514–524.
5. MA Schuster , BD Stein , L. Jaycox A national survey of stress reactions after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. N Engl J Med. 2001;345 (20):1507–1512.
6. RC Silver , EA Holman , DN McIntosh , M Poulin , V. Gil-Rivas Nationwide longitudinal study of psychological responses to September 11. JAMA. 2002;288 (10):1235–1244.
7. WE Schlenger , JM Caddell , L. Ebert Psychological reactions to terrorist attacks: findings from the National Study of Americans' Reactions to September 11. JAMA. 2002;288 (5):581–588.
8. RM Brackbill , JL Hadler , L. DiGrande Asthma and posttraumatic stress symptoms 5 to 6 years following exposure to the World Trade Center terrorist attack. JAMA. 2009;302 (5):502–516.
9. M Farfel , L DiGrande , R. Brackbill An overview of 9/11 experiences and respiratory and mental health conditions among World Trade Center Health Registry enrollees. J Urban Health. 2008;85 (6):880–909.
10. L DiGrande , MA Perrin , LE. Thorpe Posttraumatic stress symptoms, PTSD, and risk factors among lower Manhattan residents 2-3 years after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. J Trauma Stress. 2008;21 (3):264–273.
11. L DiGrande , Y Neria , RM Brackbill , P Pulliam , S. Galea Long-term posttraumatic stress symptoms among 3,271 civilian survivors of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center. Am J Epidemiol. 2011;173 (3):271–281.
12. CS North , V McCutcheon , EL Spitznagel , EM. Smith Three-year follow-up of survivors of a mass shooting episode. J Urban Health. 2002;79 (3):383–391.
13. CS North , SJ Nixon , S. Shariat Psychiatric disorders among survivors of the Oklahoma City bombing. JAMA. 1999;282 (8):755–762.
18. A Ehlers , RA Mayou , B. Bryant Psychological predictors of chronic posttraumatic stress disorder after motor vehicle accidents. J Abnorm Psychol. 1998;107 (3):508–519.
19. RC Kessler , A Sonnega , E Bromet , M Hughes , CB. Nelson Posttraumatic stress disorder in the National Comorbidity Survey. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1995;52 (12):1048–1060.
22. HE Ross , R Swinson , S Doumani , EJ. Larkin Diagnosing comorbidity in substance abusers: a comparison of the test-retest reliability of two interviews. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 1995;21 (2):167–185.
24. JW Goethe , KS. Ahmadi Comparison of Diagnostic Interview Schedule to psychiatrist diagnoses of alcohol use disorder in psychiatric inpatients. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 1991;17 (1):61–69.
25. HU Wittchen , G Semler , D. von Zerssen A comparison of two diagnostic methods. Clinical ICD diagnoses vs DSM-III and Research Diagnostic Criteria using the Diagnostic Interview Schedule (version 2). Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1985;42 (7):677–684.
26. JE Helzer , EL Spitznagel , L. McEvoy The predictive validity of lay Diagnostic Interview Schedule diagnoses in the general population. A comparison with physician examiners. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1987;44 (12):1069–1077.
27. CS North , B Pfefferbaum , P. Narayanan Comparison of post-disaster psychiatric disorders after terrorist bombings in Nairobi and Oklahoma City. Br J Psychiatry. 2005;186:487–493.
28. CS North , CL Ringwalt , D Downs , J Derzon , D. Galvin Postdisaster course of alcohol use disorders in systematically studied survivors of 10 disasters. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2011;68 (2):173–180.
29. G Canino , M Bravo , M. Rubio-Stipec The impact of disaster on mental health: prospective and retrospective analyses. Int J Ment Health. 1990;19:51–69.
31. CS North , B Pfefferbaum , M. Vythilingam Exposure to bioterrorism and mental health response among staff on Capitol Hill. Biosecur Bioterror. 2009;7 (4):379–388.
32. LN Robins , JE Helzer , J Croughan , KS. Ratcliff National Institute of Mental Health Diagnostic Interview Schedule. Its history, characteristics, and validity. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1981;38 (4):381–389.
35. CS. North Approaching disaster mental health research after the 9/11 World Trade Center terrorist attacks. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2004;27 (3):589–602.
36. CS North , AM Surís , M. Davis Toward validation of the diagnosis of posttraumatic stress disorder. Am J Psychiatry. 2009;166:1–8.
37. SD McDonald , PS. Calhoun The diagnostic accuracy of the PTSD checklist: a critical review. Clin Psychol Rev. 2010;30 (8):976–987.
41. BP Dohrenwend , JB Turner , NA. Turse The psychological risks of Vietnam for U.S. veterans: a revisit with new data and methods. Science. 2006;313 (5789):979–982.