No CrossRef data available.
Published online by Cambridge University Press: 31 July 2008
The first statutory reference to a Vicar General in Man appears in an Act of Tynwald (the ancient Manx Legislative Assembly and which stil exists and operates today as a modern and democratically elected body) namely section 3 of ‘a book of spiritual laws and customs of the Island’.
1. A Book of Spiritual Laws and Customs of the Island 1417.
2. Manx Spiritual Laws by Canon E. H. Stenning, M.A., – Isle of Man Natural History and Antiquarian Society publications.
3. Ecclesiastical Law Journal number 10 January 1992 at page 273 and onwards.
3a Report of the two Archbishops Commission on Ecclesiastical Courts 1954.
4. Spiritual Courts of the Isle of Man – paper delivered by Miss Anne Ashley M.A., to the Isle of Man and Natural History Society in 1957.
5. History of the Isle of Man by Moore Esq, A. W.., M.A., Trinity College Cambridge and Speaker of the House of Keys (the Lower Branch of Tynwald) volume 2 at page 845 published in 1900.Google Scholar
6. Isle of Man Constitution Amendment Act 1919 (Act of Tynwald).
7. Church Legislation in the Isle of Man by K. F. W. Gumbley Esq., M.A., – revised version of ‘Introduction to Manx Church Legislation’ published in Douglas 1993 and also in Manx Law Bulletin June 1992 and also in this Journal Volume 3 No. 15 at page 240.
7a Duties of Church Wardens in Sodor and Man address by Vicar General Farrant delivered to Sodor and Man Chapter Court 1994.
8. Mananans Isle by D. Craine Esq., M.A.C.P. published by the Manx Museum and National Trust in 1955.
10. ‘Manx Worthies’ publication compiled by A. W. Moore Esq., M.A., in 1901.
11. Miss Anne Ashley's paper on ‘Historic Relations of Church and State in the Isle of Man considered as the background of Bishop Wilson's controversy’ delivered to Isle of Man and Natural History and Antiquarian Society in November 1955.
12. A short view of the present state of the Isle of Man humbly submitted to the consideration of the Right Honourable the Lords of His Majesty's Treasury by an impartial hand printed in the year 1767.
13. Devolution at Work – a case study of the Isle of Man published by Professor Kermode of Birmingham University in 1978.
14. Life of the Right Reverend Thomas, Wilson D.D., by the Reverend Hugh Stowell, Rector of Ballaugh, Isle of Man published in 1822.Google Scholar
15. Craine's Mananans Isle at page 148.
16. Ecclesiastical Courts in the Isle of Man (Abridged) by Neil Mathieson page 261 Isle of Man and Natural History Society's Proceedings Volume V at page 261 and page 270.
17. Opinion of Sir James Gell, Attorney General of the Isle of Man addressed to the Lieutenant Governor dated 9 December 1896 and filed in the Diocesan Registry.
18. Halsburys Laws of England 4th Edition Volume 14 paragraph 546.
19. The Judicature Amendment Act 1921 (an Act of Tynwald).
20. Journal of the Manx Museum March 1932.
21. Incumbents (Vacation of Benefices) Measure 1977 as amended by the 1993 Measure of General Synod.
22. The Incumbents (Vacation of Benefices) Measure 1977 Church Legislation Procedure Act 1993 an Act of Tynwald.
No CrossRef data available.