This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. BB Chomel , Clinical impact of persistent Bartonella bacteremia in humans and animals. Annals New York Academy of Sciences 2003; 990: 267–278.
2. C Dehio . Molecular and cellular basis of bartonella pathogenesis. Annual Review of Microbiology 2004; 58: 365–390.
3. HJ Boulouis , Factors associated with the rapid emergence of zoonotic Bartonella infections. Veterinary Research 2005; 36: 383–410.
4. PO Kaiser , Bartonella spp.: throwing light on uncommon human infections. International Journal of Medical Microbiology 2011; 301: 7–15.
5. BB Chomel , RW Kasten . Bartonellosis, an increasingly recognized zoonosis. Journal of Applied Microbiology 2010; 109: 743–750.
7. S Biswas , JM Rolain . Bartonella infection: treatment and drug resistance. Future Microbiology 2010; 5: 1719–1731.
8. SA Billeter , Vector transmission of Bartonella species with emphasis on the potential for tick transmission. Medical Veterinary Entomology 2008; 22: 1–15.
10. BB Chomel , Bartonella spp. in pets and effect on human health. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2006; 12: 389–394.
11. P Jameson , Prevalence of Bartonella henselae antibodies in pet cats throughout regions of North America. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1995; 172: 1145–1149.
14. Y Bai , Enrichment culture and molecular identification of diverse Bartonella species in stray dogs. Veterinary Microbiology 2010; 146: 314–319.
15. J Suksawat , Serologic and molecular evidence of co-infection with multiple vector-borne pathogens in dogs from Thailand. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medecine 2001; 15: 453–462.
16. PP Diniz , Molecular documentation of Bartonella infection in dogs in Greece and Italy. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2009; 47: 1565–1567.
17. C Pérez , Molecular and serological diagnosis of Bartonella infection in 61 dogs from the United States. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2011; 25: 805–810.
EB Breitschwerdt ,
Bartonellosis: an emerging infectious disease of zoonotic importance to animals and human beings. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (San Antonio)
2010; 20: 8–30.
19. JB Henn , Gray foxes (Urocyon cinereoargenteus) as a potential reservoir of a Bartonella clarridgeiae-like bacterium and domestic dogs as part of a sentinel system for surveillance of zoonotic arthropod-borne pathogens in northern California. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2007; 45: 2411–2418.
20. JB Henn , Seroprevalence of antibodies against Bartonella species and evaluation of risk factors and clinical signs associated with seropositivity in dogs. American Journal of Veterinary Research 2005; 66: 688–694.
21. TE Honadel , Seroepidemiology of Bartonella vinsonii subsp. berkhoffii exposure among healthy dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2001; 219: 480–484.
23. L Solano-Gallego , A serological study of exposure to arthropod-borne pathogens in dogs from northeastern Spain. Veterinary Research 2006; 37: 231–244.
24. R Zobba , Serological and molecular detection of Bartonella spp. in humans, cats and dogs from northern Sardinia, Italy. Clinical Microbiology and Infection 2009; 15 (Suppl. 2): 134–135.
26. JP Dubey , Prevalence of Toxoplasma gondii in dogs from Colombia, South America and genetic characterization of T. gondii isolates. Veterinary Parasitology 2007; 145: 45–50.
27. JP Dubey , Diverse and atypical genotypes identified in Toxoplasma gondii from dogs in São Paulo, Brazil. Journal of Parasitology 2007; 93: 60–64.
29. JP Dubey , Prevalence of Toxoplasma gondii in dogs from Sri Lanka and genetic characterization of the parasite isolates. Veterinary Parasitology 2007; 146: 341–346.
30. MS Namekata , Seroprevalence of Bartonella spp. in the endangered island fox (Urocyon littoralis). Veterinary Microbiology 2009; 136: 184–187.
JD Schaefer ,
Isolation or detection of Bartonella vinsonii subspecies berkhoffii and Bartonella rochalimae in the endangered island foxes (Urocyon littoralis
). Veterinary Microbiology
2011; 154: 135–139.
32. JM Rolain , Molecular detection of Bartonella quintana, B. koehlerae, B. henselae, B. clarridgeiae, Rickettsia felis, and Wolbachia pipientis in cat fleas, France. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2003; 9: 338–342.
34. P Renesto , Use of rpoB gene analysis for detection and identification of Bartonella species. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2001; 39: 430–437.
35. CC Chang , Molecular evidence of Bartonella spp. in questing adult Ixodes pacificus ticks in California. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2001; 39: 1221–1226.
36. PP Diniz , Canine bartonellosis: serological and molecular prevalence in Brazil and evidence of co-infection with Bartonella henselae and Bartonella vinsonii subsp. berkhoffii. Veterinary Research 2007; 38: 697–710.
37. K Tamura , MEGA5: Molecular evolutionary genetics analysis using maximum likelihood, evolutionary distance and maximum parsimony methods. Molecular Biological Evolution 2011; 28: 2731–2739.
38. JB Henn , Infective endocarditis in a dog and the phylogenetic relationship of the associated ‘Bartonella rochalimae’ strain with isolates from dogs, gray foxes, and a human. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2009; 47: 787–790.
L Pérez-Martínez ,
Bartonella rochalimae and other Bartonella spp. in fleas, Chile. Emerging Infectious Diseases
2009; 15: 1150–1152.