This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
6. B Böhm-Gloning , J Knobloch , B Walderich . Five sub-groups of Blastocystis hominis isolates from symptomatic and asymptomatic patients revealed by restriction site analysis of PCR-amplified 16S-like rDNA. Tropical Medicine and International Health 1997; 2: 771–778.
9. TC Tan , PCR fingerprinting of Blastocystis isolated from symptomatic and asymptomatic hosts. Parasitology Research 2006; 99: 459–465.
10. Y Yan , Genetic variability of Blastocystis hominis isolates in China. Parasitology Research 2006; 99: 597–601.
11. M Özyurt , Molecular epidemiology of Blastocystis in Turkey. Parasitology International 2008; 57: 300–306.
12. KS Tan . Blastocystis in humans and animals: new insights using modern methodologies. Veterinary Parasitology 2004; 126: 121–144.
16. CR Stensvold , Symptomatic Blastocystis infection successfully treated with trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology 2008; 102: 271–274.
18. CR Stensvold , The prevalence of Dientamoeba fragilis in patients with suspected enteroparasitic disease in a metropolitan area in Denmark. Clinical Microbiology and Infection 2007; 13: 839–842.
19. CR Stensvold , Detecting Blastocystis by parasitological and DNA-based methods: A comparative study. Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease 2007; 59: 303–307.
24. CR Stensvold , Blastocystis: subtyping isolates using Pyrosequencing™ technology. Experimental Parasitology 2007; 116: 111–119.
28. A Giacometti , Irritable bowel syndrome in patients with Blastocystis hominis infections. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 1999; 18: 436–439.
30. J Yakoob , In vitro susceptibility of Blastocystis hominis isolated from patients with irritable bowel syndrome. British Journal of Biomedical Sciences 2004; 61: 75–77.
37. Y Yan , Blastocystis sp. subtype 5: a possibly zoonotic genotype. Parasitology Research 2007; 101: 1527–1532.
38. D Crotti , Dientamoeba fragilis in swine population: a preliminary investigation. Veterinary Parasitology 2007; 145: 349–351.
39. D Stark , Gorillas are a host for Dientamoeba fragilis: an update on the life cycle and host distribution. Veterinary Parasitology 2008; 151: 21–26.
40. L Nigro , A placebo-controlled treatment trial of Blastocystis hominis infection with metronidazole. Journal of Travel Medicine 2003; 10: 128–130.