This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. J Bryce , WHO estimates of the causes of death in children. Lancet 2005; 365: 1147–1152.
2. JA Flint , Estimating the burden of acute gastroenteritis, foodborne disease, and pathogens commonly transmitted by food: an international review. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2005; 41: 698–704.
12. ME Hellard , A randomized, blinded, controlled trial investigating the gastrointestinal health effects of drinking water quality. Environmental Health Perspective 2001; 109: 773–778.
15. Y Lerman , R Slepon , D Cohen . Epidemiology of acute diarrheal diseases in children in a high standard of living rural settlement in Israel. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 1994; 13: 116–122.
19. M Nazir , N Pardede , R Ismail . The incidence of diarrhoeal diseases and diarrhoeal diseases related mortality in rural swampy low-land area of south Sumatra, Indonesia. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics 1985; 31: 268–272.
20. K Nygard , Breaks and maintenance work in the water distribution systems and gastrointestinal illness: a cohort study. International Journal of Epidemiology 2007; 36: 873–880.
21. MM Rahaman , A diarrhea clinic in rural Bangladesh: influence of distance, age, and sex on attendance and diarrheal mortality. American Journal of Public Health 1982; 72: 1124–118.
22. WJ Rodriguez , Longitudinal study of rotavirus infection and gastroenteritis in families served by a pediatric medical practice: clinical and epidemiologic observations. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 1987; 6: 170–176.
27. MK Thomas , Population distribution and burden of acute gastrointestinal illness in British Columbia, Canada. BMC Public Health 2006; 6: 307.
31. JF Etard , Childhood mortality and probable causes of death using verbal autopsy in Niakhar, Senegal, 1989–2000. International Journal of Epidemiology 2004; 33: 1286–1292.
32. P Kelly , High adult mortality in Lusaka. Lancet 1998; 351: 883.
33. SM Tollman , Implications of mortality transition for primary health care in rural South Africa: a population-based surveillance study. Lancet 2008; 372: 893–901.
34. M Adjuik , Cause-specific mortality rates in sub-Saharan Africa and Bangladesh. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2006; 84: 181–188.
39. P Byass , PW Hanlon . Daily morbidity records: recall and reliability. International Journal of Epidemiology 1994; 23: 757–763.
40. AO Manesh , Accuracy of child morbidity data in demographic and health surveys. International Journal of Epidemiology 2008; 37: 194–200.
42. JG Wheeler , Study of infectious intestinal disease in England: rates in the community, presenting to general practice, and reported to national surveillance. The Infectious Intestinal Disease Study Executive. British Medical Journal 1999; 318: 1046–1050.
43. MA de Wit , Sensor, a population-based cohort study on gastroenteritis in the Netherlands: incidence and etiology. American Journal of Epidemiology 2001; 154: 666–674.
44. P Payment , A randomized trial to evaluate the risk of gastrointestinal disease due to consumption of drinking water meeting current microbiological standards. American Journal of Public Health 1991; 81: 703–708.