This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
4. SL Klein , Environmental and physiological factors associated with Seoul virus infection among urban populations of Norway rats. Journal of Mammalogy 2002; 83: 478–488.
5. RE Engle , Hepatitis E virus (HEV) capsid antigens derived from viruses of human and swine origin are equally efficient for detecting anti-HEV by enzyme immunoassay. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2002; 40: 4576–4580.
6. RA Robinson , Structural characterization of recombinant hepatitis E virus ORF2 proteins in baculovirus-infected insect cells. Protein Expression and Purification 1998; 12: 75–84.
7. NB Vanasco , Development and validation of an ELISA for the detection of leptospire-specific antibodies in rodents. Veterinary Microbiology 2001; 82: 321–330.
8. WK Reeves , Serologic evidence for Rickettsia typhi and an ehrlichial agent in Norway rats from Baltimore, Maryland, USA. Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases 2006; 6: 244–247.
10. NB Vanasco , Associations between leptospiral infection and seropositivity in rodents and environmental characteristics in Argentina. Preventative Veterinary Medicine 2003; 60: 227–235.
11. JE Childs , GE Glass , GW Korch . The comparative epizootiology of Capillaria hepatica (Nematoda) in urban rodents from different habitats of Baltimore, Maryland. Canadian Journal of Zoology 1988; 66: 2769–2775.
12. SL Klein , Neonatal sex steroids affect responses to Seoul virus infection in male but not female Norway rats. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity 2002; 16: 736–746.
13. SL Klein , MC Zink , GE Glass . Seoul virus infection increases aggressive behaviour in male Norway rats. Animal Behaviour 2004; 67: 421–429.
15. JD Easterbrook , Norway rat population in Baltimore, Maryland, 2004. Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases 2005; 5: 296–299.
17. B Hjelle , T Yates . Modeling hantavirus maintenance and transmission in rodent communities. In: Hantaviruses, 2001, pp. 77–90.
20. HM Smith , Prevalence study of antibody to ratborne pathogens and other agents among patients using a free clinic in downtown Los Angeles. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2002; 186: 1673–1676.
21. GE Glass , Domestic cases of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in the United States. Nephron 1994; 68: 48–51.
22. JM Vinetz , Sporadic urban leptospirosis. Annals of Internal Medicine 1996; 125: 794–798.
25. SU Emerson , RH Purcell . Hepatitis E virus. Reviews in Medical Virology 2003; 13: 145–154.
27. BA Ellis , Rats of the genus Rattus are reservoir hosts for pathogenic Bartonella species: an Old World origin for a New World disease? Journal of Infectious Diseases 1999; 180: 220–224.
28. JA Comer , Antibodies to Bartonella species in inner-city intravenous drug users in Baltimore, MD. Archives of Internal Medicine 1996; 156: 2491–2495.