This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
8. LG Schneider , Application of monoclonal antibodies for epidemiological investigation and oral vaccination studies. II. Arctic viruses. In: E Kuwert , C Merieux , H Koprowski , K Bögel eds. Rabies in the Tropics. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1985; pp. 47–59.
10. JS Smith , Epidemiologic and historical relationships among 87 rabies virus isolates as determined by limited sequence analysis. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1992; 166: 296–307.
11. B Kissi , N Tordo , H Bourhy . Genetic polymorphism in the rabies virus nucleoprotein gene. Virology 1995; 209: 526–537.
12. KL Mansfield , Molecular epidemiological study of Arctic rabies virus isolates from Greenland and comparison with isolates from throughout the Arctic and Baltic regions. Virus Research 2006; 116: 1–10.
13. SA Nadin-Davis , GA Casey , AI Wandeler . A molecular epidemiological study of rabies virus in central Ontario and western Quebec. Journal of General Virology 1994; 75: 2575–2583.
14. SA Nadin-Davis , Phylogeographic patterns exhibited by Ontario rabies virus variants. Epidemiology and Infection 1999; 123: 325–336.
16. I Kuzmin , Molecular epidemiology of terrestrial rabies in the former Soviet Union. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 2004; 40: 617–631.
17. YJ Park , MK Shin , HM Kwon . Genetic characterization of rabies virus isolates in Korea. Virus Genes 2005; 30: 341–347.
18. T Nagarajan , Molecular epidemiology of rabies virus isolates in India. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2006; 44: 3218–3224.
19. SA Nadin-Davis , Emergence of arctic-like rabies lineage in India. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2007; 13: 111–116.
20. H Bourhy , Ecology and evolution of rabies virus in Europe. Journal of General Virology 1999; 80: 2545–2557.
22. IV Kuzmin , Bat lyssaviruses (Aravan and Khujand) from Central Asia: phylogenetic relationships according to N, P and G gene sequences. Virus Research 2003; 97: 65–79.
24. S Kumar , MEGA2: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis software. Bioinformatics 2001; 17: 1244–1245.
25. AJ Drummond , Relaxed phylogenetics and dating with confidence. PloS Biology 2006; 4: e88.
26. D Posada , KA Crandall . MODELTEST: testing the model of DNA substitution. Bioinformatics 1998; 14: 817–818.
28. PL Davis , Phylogeography, population dynamics, and molecular evolution of European bat lyssaviruses. Journal of Virology 2005; 79: 10487–10497.
29. D David , Identification of novel canine rabies virus clades in the Middle East and North Africa. Journal of General Virology 2007; 88: 967–980.
30. PL Davis , H Bourhy , EC Holmes . The evolutionary history and dynamics of bat rabies virus. Infection, Genetics and Evolution 2006; 6: 464–473.
32. SL Meng , A molecular epidemiological study targeting the glycoprotein gene of rabies virus isolates from China. Virus Research 2007; 124: 125–138.
35. WB Ballard , Rabies and canine distemper in an arctic fox population in Alaska. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 2001; 37: 133–137.
36. EH Follmann , DG Ritter , WH Donald . Oral vaccination of captive arctic foxes with lyophilized SAG2 rabies vaccine. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 2004; 40: 328–334.
39. B Dietzschold , Characterization of an antigenic determinant of the glycoprotein that correlates with pathogenicity of rabies virus. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 1983; 80: 70–74.