This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. MA Karmali . Infection by verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli. Clin Microbiol Rev 1989; 2: 15–38.
2. LW Riley , RS Remis , SD Helgerson Hemorrhagic colitis associated with a rare Escherichia coli serotype. N Engl J Med 1983; 308: 681–5.
3. CH Pai , R Gordon , HV Sims , LE Bryan . Sporadic cases of hemorrhagic colitis associated with Escherichia coli O157: H7. Ann Intern Med 1984; 101: 738–42.
7. MA Karmali , M Petric , C Lim , PC Fleming , GS Arbus , H Lior . The association between idiopathic hemolytic-uremic syndrome and infection by verotoxin-producing Escherichia coli. J Infect Dis 1985; 151: 775–82.
8. SM Scotland , B Rowe , HR Smith , GA Willshaw , RJ Gross . Vero cytotoxin-producing strains of Escherichia coli from children with haemolytic-uraemic syndrome and their detection by specific DNA probes. J Med Microbiol 1988; 25: 237–43.
12. PA Chapman , CA Siddons , PM Zadik , L Jewes . An improved selective medium for the isolation of Escherichia coli O157. J Med Microbiol 1991; 35: 107–10.
13. PA Chapman . Evaluation of a commercial latex slide test for the identification of Escherichia coli O157. J Clin Pathol 1989; 42: 1109–10.
14. MP Jackson , RJ Neill , AD O'Brien , RK Holmes , JW Newland . Nucleotide sequence analysis and comparison of the structural genes for Shiga-like toxin 1 and Shiga-like toxin II encoded by bacteriophages from Escherichia coli 933. FEMS Microbiol Lett 1987: 44: 109–14.
15. PA Chapman , CM Daly . An evaluation of a non-radioactive trivalent DA probe (LTh, ST1a, ST1b) for detecting enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli. J Clin Pathol 1993; 46: 309–12.
19. CA Ryan , RV Tauxe , GW Hosek , Escherichia coli O157:H7 diarrhea in a nursing home: clinical, epidemiological, and pathological findings. J Infect Dis 1986; 154: 631–8.
20. KL MacDonald , MJ O'Leary , ML Cohen , Escherichia coli O157:H7, an emerging gastrointestinal pathogen – results of a one-year, prospective, population-based study. JAMA 1988; 259: 3567–70.
21. HE Bryant , MA Athar , CH Pai . Risk factors for Escherichia coli O157: H7 infection in an urban community. J Infect Dis 1989; 160: 858–64.
25. ME Anderson , RT Marshall , JS Dickson . Estimating depths of bacterial penetration into post-rigor carcass tissue during washing. J Food Safety 1992; 12: 191–8.
28. R Ahmed , C Bopp , A Borczyk , S Kasatiya . Phage typing scheme for Escherichia coli O157:H7. J Infect Dis 1987; 155: 806–9.
29. SM Ostroff , PI Tarr , MA Neill , JH Lewis , N Hargrett-Bean , JM Kobayashi . Toxin genotypes and plasmid profiles as determinants of systemic sequelae in Escherichia coli O157: H7 infections. J Infect Dis 1989; 160: 994–8.