This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
10. RE Quick , Diarrhoea prevention in Bolivia through point-of-use water treatment and safe storage: a promising new strategy. Epidemiology and Infection 1999; 122: 83–90.
15. P Makutsa , Challenges in implementing a point-of-use water quality intervention in rural Kenya. American Journal of Public Health 2001; 91: 1571–1573.
16. P Ogutu , Seeking safe storage: a comparison of drinking water quality in clay and plastic vessels. American Journal of Public Health 2001; 91: 1610–1611.
18. C Dunston , Collaboration, cholera, and cyclones: how a pilot project to improve point-of-use water quality grew to national scale in less than a year. American Journal of Public Health 2001; 91: 1574–1576.
24. S Luby , A low-cost intervention for cleaner drinking water in Karachi, Pakistan. International Journal of Infectious Diseases 2001; 5: 144–150.
26. Y Mong , Impact of the safe water system on water quality in cyclone-affected communities in Madagascar. American Journal of Public Health 2001; 91: 1577–1579.
27. K McGuigan , Solar disinfection of drinking water contained in transparent plastic bottles: characterizing the bacterial inactivation process. Journal of Applied Microbiology 1998; 84: 1138–1148.
28. K McGuigan , TM Joyce , RM Conroy . Solar disinfection: use of sunlight to decontaminate drinking water in developing countries. Journal of Medical Microbiology 1999; 48: 785–787.
29. JA Crump , Effect of point-of-use disinfection, flocculation and combined flocculation-disinfection on drinking water quality in western Kenya. Journal of Applied Microbiology 2004; 97: 225–231.
31. L Fewtrell , Water, sanitation, and hygiene interventions to reduce diarrhoea in less developed countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Infectious Diseases 2005; 5: 42–52.
32. TF Clasen , S Cairncross . Household water management: refining the dominant paradigm. Tropical Medicine and International Health 2005; 9: 187–191.
35. S Luby , Combining water treatment and hand washing for diarrhoea prevention: a cluster randomized controlled trial. Tropical Medicine and International Health 2006; 11: 479–489.
38. LJ Stockman , Awareness and use of WaterGuard among mothers in Malawi: lessons learned from a national survey, 2005. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2007; 13: 1077–1080.