This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. AC Voetsch , FoodNet estimate of the burden of illness caused by nontyphoidal Salmonella infections in the United States. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2004; 38: S127–134.
5. O Lyytikainen , Molecular epidemiology of an outbreak caused by Salmonella enterica serovar Newport in Finland and the United Kingdom. Epidemiology and Infection 2000; 124: 185–192.
7. JP Narain , JP Lofgren . Epidemic of restaurant-associated illness due to Salmonella Newport. Southern Medical Journal 1989; 82: 837–840.
8. JS Spika , Chloramphenicol-resistant Salmonella Newport traced through hamburger to dairy farms. A major persisting source of human salmonellosis in California. New England Journal of Medicine 1987; 316: 565–570.
9. SD Holmberg , Drug-resistant Salmonella from animals fed antimicrobials. New England Journal of Medicine 1984; 311: 617–622.
10. LW Riley , Evaluation of isolated cases of salmonellosis by plasmid profile analysis: introduction and transmission of a bacterial clone by precooked roast beef. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1983; 148: 12–17.
14. S Sivapalasingam , A multistate outbreak of Salmonella enterica serotype Newport infection linked to mango consumption: impact of water-dip disinfestation technology. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2003; 37: 1585–1590.
16. CA Van Beneden , Multinational outbreak of Salmonella enterica serotype Newport infections due to contaminated alfalfa sprouts. Journal of the American Medical Association 1999; 281: 158–162.
17. B Swaminathan , PulseNet: the molecular subtyping network for foodborne bacterial disease surveillance, United States. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2001; 7: 382–389.
21. CW Hedberg , Outbreaks of salmonellosis associated with eating uncooked tomatoes: implications for public health. Epidemiology and Infection 1999; 122: 385–393.
22. K Cummings , A multistate outbreak of Salmonella enterica serotype Baildon associated with domestic raw tomatoes. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2001; 7: 1046–1048.
34. SB Hunter , Establishment of a universal size standard strain for use with the PulseNet standardized pulsed-field gel electrophoresis protocols: converting the national databases to the new size standard. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2005; 43: 1045–1050.