This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. JH Porterfield . Antigenic characteristics and classification of the Togaviridae. In: R Schlesinger ed. The Togaviruses. New York: Academic Press, 1980, pp. 13–46.
2. WH Lumsden . An epidemic of virus disease in Southern Province, Tanganyika Territory, in 1952–53 II. General description and epidemiology. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1955; 49: 33–57.
3. WM Hammon , Viruses associated with epidemic hemorrhagic fevers of the Philippines and Thailand. Science 1960; 131: 1102–1103.
5. C Paquet , Chikungunya outbreak in Reunion: epidemiology and surveillance, 2005 to early January 2006. Eurosurveillance 2006; 11: E0602023.
6. PY Robillard , Vertical maternal fetal transmission of the chikungunya virus. Ten cases among 84 pregnant women [in French]. Presse Médicale 2006; 35: 785–788.
11. I Schuffenecker , Genome microevolution of chikungunya viruses causing the Indian Ocean outbreak. PLoS Medicine 2006; 3: e263.
13. MC Robinson . An epidemic of virus disease in southern province, Tanganyika territory, in 1952–53. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1955; 49: 28–32.
16. AC Kennedy , Chikungunya viral arthropathy: a clinical description. Journal of Rheumatology 1980; 7: 231–236.
17. NE Rulli , Ross River virus: molecular and cellular aspects of disease pathogenesis. Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2005; 107: 329–342.
18. J Thonnon , Chikungunya virus outbreak in Senegal in 1996 and 1997 [in French]. Bulletin de la Société de Pathologie Exotique 1999; 92: 79–82.
19. P Osterrieth , Research on the Chikungunya virus in the Belgian Congo. I. Isolation of the virus in upper Uele [in French]. Annales de la Société Belge de Médecine Tropicale 1960; 40: 199–203.
20. MT Heise , Sindbis-group alphavirus replication in periosteum and endosteum of long bones in adult mice. Journal of Virology 2000; 74: 9294–9299.
21. M Soden , Detection of viral ribonucleic acid and histologic analysis of inflamed synovium in Ross River virus infection. Arthritis & Rheumatism 2000; 43: 365–369.
23. A Savarino , New insights into the antiviral effects of chloroquine. Lancet Infectious Diseases 2006; 6: 67–69.
24. S Briolant , In vitro inhibition of Chikungunya and Semliki Forest viruses replication by antiviral compounds: synergistic effect of interferon-alpha and ribavirin combination. Antiviral Research 2004; 61: 111–117.
25. F Staikowsky , Emergency services in Réunion Island and the Chikungunya virus. What if it was Avian flu virus? [in French]. Journal Européen des Urgences 2006; 19: 59–60.