This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. S Leader , K Kohlhase . Respiratory syncytial virus-coded pediatric hospitalizations, 1997 to 1999. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 2002; 21: 629–632.
2. DK Shay , Bronchiolitis-associated hospitalizations among US children, 1980–1996. Journal of the American Medical Association 1999; 282: 1440–1446.
3. N Sigurs , Respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitis in infancy is an important risk factor for asthma and allergy at age 7. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2000; 161: 1501–1507.
4. FW Denny , WA Clyde Jr.. Acute lower respiratory tract infections in nonhospitalized children. Journal of Pediatrics 1986; 108: 635–646.
5. FR Laham , Differential production of inflammatory cytokines in primary infection with human metapneumonirus and with other common respiratory viruses of infancy. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2004; 189: 47–56.
6. FT Chew , Seasonal trends of viral respiratory tract infections in the tropics. Epidemiology and Infection 1998; 121: 121–128.
7. PWK Chan , Seasonal variation in respiratory syncytial virus chest infection in the tropics. Pediatric Pulmonology 2002; 34: 47–51.
8. JR Groothuis , Prophylactic administration of respiratory syncytial virus immune globulin to high-risk infants and young children. New England Journal of Medicine 1993; 329: 1524–1530.
9. The IM-pact-RSV Study Group. Palivizumab, a humanized respiratory syncytial virus monoclonal antibody, reduces hospitalization from respiratory syncytial virus infection in high-risk infants. Pediatrics 1998; 102: 531–537.
10. CB Hall , RG Douglas Jr.. Modes of transmission of respiratory syncytial virus. Journal of Pediatrics 1981; 99: 100–103.
11. J Rechsteiner , KC Winkler . Inactivation of respiratory syncytial virus in aerosol. Journal of General Virology 1969; 5: 405–410.
13. TT Wang , 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 is a direct inducer of antimicrobial peptide gene expression. Journal of Immunology 2004; 173: 2909–2912.
15. PT Liu , Toll-like receptor triggering of a vitamin D-mediated human antimicrobial response. Science 2006; 311: 1770–1773.
16. T Ganz . Defensins: antimicrobial peptides of innate immunity. Nature Reviews Immunology 2003; 3: 710–720.
18. MF Holick . Resurrection of vitamin D and rickets. Journal of Clinical Investigation 2006; 116: 2062–2072.
22. S Gilchrist , National surveillance for respiratory syncytial virus, United States, 1985–1990. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1994; 170: 986–990.
23. JF Washburne , JA Bocchini Jr., RM Jamison . Summertime respiratory syncytial virus infection: epidemiology and clinical manifestations. Southern Medical Journal 1992; 85: 579–583.
24. DC Halstead , SG Jenkins . Continuous non-seasonal epidemic of respiratory syncytial virus infection in the Southeast United States. Southern Medical Journal 1998; 91: 433–436.
25. F Huq , Acute lower respiratory tract infection due to virus among hospitalized children in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Review of Infectious Diseases 1990; 12 (Suppl. 8): S982–S987.
27. JA Mullins , Substantial variablilty in community respiratory syncytial virus season timing. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 2003; 22: 857–862.
28. RC Welliver . Detection, pathogenesis, and therapy of respiratory syncytial virus infections. Clinical Microbiology Reviews 1988; 1: 27–39.
30. MW Weber , The clinical spectrum of respiratory syncytial virus disease in The Gambia. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 1998; 17: 224–230.
31. GA Jamjoom , Respiratory syncytial virus infection in young children hospitalized with respiratory illness in Riyadh. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics 1993; 39: 346–349.
32. Z Hijazi , Respiratory syncytial virus infections in children in a desert country. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 1995; 14: 322–324.
33. AL Florman , LC McLaren . The effect of altitude and weather on the occurrence of outbreaks of respiratory syncytial virus infections. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1988; 158: 1401–1402.
34. I Orstavik , K-HC Carlsen , K Halvorsen . Respiratory syncytial virus infections in Oslo 1972–1978. Acta Paediatrica Scandinavica 1980; 69: 717–722.