This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. DT Dennis , , Working Group on Civilian Biodefense. Tularemia as a biological weapon: medical and public health management. Journal of the American Medical Association 2001; 285: 2763–2773.
3. A Tärnvik , HS Priebe , R Grunow . Tularaemia in Europe: an epidemiological overview. Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases 2004; 36: 350–355.
MD Champion ,
Comparative genomic characterization of Francisella tularensis strains belonging to low and high virulence subspecies. PLoS Pathogens
2009; 5: e1000459.
J Ellis ,
Tularemia. Clinical Microbiology Reviews
2002; 15: 631–646.
7. R Grunow , Differential diagnosis of tularaemia [in German]. Deutsche Medizinische Wochenschrift 2001; 126: 408–413.
T Mörner . The ecology of tularaemia. Revue Scientifique et Technique
1992; 11: 1123–1130.
9. R Reintjes , Tularemia outbreak investigation in Kosovo: case control and environmental studies. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2002; 8: 69–73.
K Frölich ,
Epizootiologic and ecologic investigations of European brown hares (Lepus europaeus) in selected populations from Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. Journal of Wildlife Diseases
2003; 39: 751–761.
S Al Dahouk ,
Seroprevalence of brucellosis, tularemia, and yersiniosis in wild boars (Sus scrofa) from north-eastern Germany. Journal of Veterinary Medicine, B: Infectious Diseases and Veterinary Public Health
2005; 52: 444–455.
16. C Probst , S Speck , H Hofer . Serosurvey of zoo ungulates in central Europe. International Zoo Yearbook 2011; 45: 1–15.
A Jenzora ,
Seroprevalence study of Francisella tularensis among hunters in Germany. FEMS Immunology and Medical Microbiology
2008; 53: 183–189.
W Müller ,
Detection of Francisella tularensis subsp. holarctica in a European brown hare (Lepus europaeus) in Thuringia, Germany. Veterinary Microbiology
2007; 123: 225–229.
WD Splettstoesser ,
Re-emergence of Francisella tularensis in Germany: fatal tularaemia in a colony of semi-free-living marmosets (Callithrix jacchus). Epidemiology and Infection
2007; 135: 1256–1265.
23. K Mätz-Rensing , Epizootic of tularemia in an outdoor housed group of cynomolgus monkeys (Macaca fascicularis). Veterinary Pathology 2007; 44: 327–334.
24. LE Hoelzle , Tularaemia in a captive golden-headed lion tamarin (Leontopithecus chrysomelas) in Switzerland. Veterinary Record 2004; 155: 60–61.
H Posthaus ,
Tularemia in a common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus) diagnosed by 16S rRNA sequencing. Veterinary Microbiology
1998; 61: 145–150.
26. CJ Ketz-Riley , Tularemia type A in captive Bornean orangutans (Pongo pygmaeus pygmaeus). Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine 2009; 40: 257–262.
C Abril ,
Rapid diagnosis and quantification of Francisella tularensis in organs of naturally infected common squirrel monkeys (Saimiri sciureus). Veterinary Microbiology
2008; 127: 203–208.
31. EP Hoberg , Pathogens of domestic and free-ranging ungulates: global climate change in temperate to boreal latitudes across North America. Revue Scientifique et Technique 2008; 27: 511–528.
34. C Lübbert , Prolonged course of tick-borne ulceroglandular tularemia in a 20-year-old patient in Germany – case report and review of the literature [in German]. Deutsche medizinische Wochenschrift 2009; 134: 1405–1410.
35. M Gyuranecz , Investigation of the ecology of Francisella tularensis during an inter-epizootic period. Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases 2011; 11: 1031–1035.
SM Reese ,
Transmission dynamics of Francisella tularensis subspecies and clades by nymphal Dermacentor variabilis (Acari: Ixodidae). American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
2010; 83: 645–652.
37. HK Goethert , SR Telford 3rd. Quantum of infection of Francisella tularensis tularensis in host-seeking Dermacentor variabilis. Ticks and Tick-Borne Diseases 2010; 1: 66–68.
L Magnarelli , S Levy , R Koski . Detection of antibodies to Francisella tularensis in cats. Research in Veterinary Science
2007; 82: 22–26.
40. PM McCue , TP O'Farrell . Serological survey for selected diseases in the endangered San Joaquin kit fox (Vulpes macrotis mutica). Journal of Wildlife Diseases 1988; 24: 274–281.