This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. FS Fleury . Adult vaginitis. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology 1981; 24: 407–438.
3. JA McGregor , CM French . Bacterial vaginosis in pregnancy. Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 2000; 55 (Suppl.): 1–19.
4. C Holzman , Factors linked to bacterial vaginosis in nonpregnant women. American Journal of Public Health 2001; 91: 1664–1670.
6. S Yen , Bacterial vaginosis in sexually experienced and non-sexually experienced young women entering the military. Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2003; 102, 927–933.
7. MA Klebanoff , Vulvovaginal symptoms in women with bacterial vaginosis. Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2004; 104: 267–272.
9. CA Spiegel , Anaerobic bacteria in nonspecific vaginitis. New England Journal of Medicine 1980; 303: 601–607.
12. SL Hillier , A case-control study of chorioamnionic infection and histologic chorioamnionitis in prematurity. New England Journal of Medicine 1988; 319: 972–978.
14. PE Hay , Abnormal bacterial colonization of the genital tract and subsequent preterm delivery and late miscarriage. British Medical Journal 1994; 308: 295–298.
15. JF Peipert , Bacterial vaginosis as a risk factor for upper genital tract infection. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1997; 177: 1184–1187.
16. F Goffinet , Bacterial vaginosis: prevalence and predictive value for premature delivery and neonatal infection in women with preterm labour and intact membranes. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology 2003; 108: 146–151.
17. JC Hauth , Early pregnancy threshold vaginal pH and Gram stain scores predictive of subsequent preterm birth in asymptomatic women. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2003; 188: 831–835.
18. PJ Meis , The preterm prediction study: significance of vaginal infections. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1995; 173: 1231–1235.
23. DB Nelson , Self-collected versus provider-collected vaginal swabs for the diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis: an assessment of validity and reliability. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 2003; 56: 862–866.
25. S Cohen , T Kamarck , R Mermelstein . A global measure of perceived stress. Journal of Health and Social Behavior 1983; 24: 385–396.
26. JC Carey , Metronidazole to prevent preterm delivery in pregnant women with asymptomatic bacterial vaginosis. New England Journal of Medicine 2000; 342: 534–540.
27. V Berghella , Sexual intercourse association with asymptomatic bacterial vaginosis and Trichomonas vaginalis treatment in relationship to preterm birth. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2002; 187: 1277–1282.
28. DA Eschenbach , Diagnosis and clinical manifestations of bacterial vaginosis. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1988; 158: 819–828.
29. LM Pastore , Risk score for antenatal bacterial vaginosis: BV PIN points. Journal of Perinatology 2002; 22: 125–132.
30. LM Pastore , Prospective validation of a perinatal bacterial vaginosis screening risk score. Journal of Perinatology 2004; 24: 735–742.