This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. HC Ertl . Novel vaccines to human rabies. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases 2009; 3(9): e515.
7. SR Favoretto , Reemergence of rabies virus maintained by dogs in humans and terrestrial wildlife in Ceará State, Brazil. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2006; 12: 1978–1981.
SR Favoretto ,
Rabies in marmosets (Callithrix jacchus) from the State of Ceará, Brazil. Emerging Infectious Diseases
2001; 7: 1062–1065.
P Carnieli Jr.,
Characterization of Rabies virus isolated from canids and identification of the main wild canid host in northeastern Brazil. Virus Research
2008; 131: 33–46.
AC Banyard ,
Bats and lyssaviruses. Advances in Virus Research
2011; 79: 239–289.
11. AA King , GS Turner . Rabies: a review. Journal of Comparative Pathology 1993; 108: 1–39.
SA Nadin-Davis . Polymerase chain reaction protocols for rabies virus discrimination. Journal of Virological Methods
1998; 75: 1–8.
14. P Gautret , Risk for rabies importation from north Africa. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2011; 17: 2187–2193.
G Gongal , AE Wright . Human rabies in the WHO southeast Asia region: forward steps for elimination. Advances in Preventive Medicine
2011; 2011: 383870.
20. SR Favoretto , Antigenic typing of Brazilian rabies virus samples isolated from animals and humans, 1989–2000. Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo 2002; 44: 91–95.
EST da Rosa ,
Bat-transmitted human rabies outbreaks, Brazilian Amazon. Emerging Infectious Diseases
2006; 12: 1197–1202.
A Belotto ,
Overview of rabies in the Americas. Virus Research
2005; 111: 5–12.
KK Conzelman , JK Cox , LG Schneider , HJ Thiel . Molecular cloning and complete sequence of the attenuated rabies virus SADB19. Virology
1990; 175: 485–499.
M Favi ,
First case of human rabies in Chile caused by an insectivorous bat virus variant. Emerging Infectious Diseases
2002; 8: 79–81.
MF Almeida ,
Rabies diagnosis and serology in bats from the State of São Paulo, Brazil. Revista da Sociedade Brasileira de Medicina Tropical
2011; 44: 140–145.
A Albas ,
Molecular characterization of rabies virus isolated from non-haematophagous bats in Brazil. Revista da Sociedade Brasileira de Medicina Tropical
2011; 44: 678–683.
LH Queiroz ,
Rabies in southeast Brazil: a change in the epidemiological pattern. Archives of Virology
2012; 157: 93–105.
P Carnieli Jr,
Genetic characterization of Rabies virus isolated from cattle between 1997 and 2002 in an epizootic area in the state of São Paulo, Brazil. Virus Research
2009; 144: 215–224.
SR Favoretto ,
Rabies virus detection and phylogenetic studies in samples from an exhumed human. Clinical Infectious Diseases
2005; 41: 413–414.
R Oliveira ,
Postmortem confirmation of human rabies source. Emerging Infectious Diseases
2006; 12: 867–869.
35. CI Macedo , Genetic characterization of rabies virus isolated from bovines and equines between 2007 and 2008, in the States of São Paulo and Minas Gerais. Revista da Sociedade Brasileira de Medicina Tropical 2010; 43: 116–120.
39. JG Castilho , A comparative study of rabies virus isolates from hematophagous bats in Brazil. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 2010; 46: 1335–1339.
A Vellasco-Villa ,
New rabies virus variant in Mexican immigrant. Emerging Infectious Diseases
2008; 14: 1906–1908.